• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone buy Thomas Pink shirts?

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Thomas Pink gets very little airtime here, although whenever I'm in Jermyn St, their store definitely one of the busier ones.

What's the story.., are their shirts popular? They're certainly pricey and rarely on sale.

Tez

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas Pink gets very little airtime because they are low quality, over priced shirts. I do not, and will not own any ever! Plus I was stalked by a Thomas Pink salesman the first time I went into one of their stores....he followed me from store to store.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their regular shirts are low quality but they sell many different shirts from cheap £30 regular shirts to £200 2 fold 200s. I never owned a shirt from them tho.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've compared them to most of the other shirtmakers along Jermyn street and come to the conclusion that they are decent made shirts with decent fabrics... I personally found the slim fit 14.5 to be a perfect fit on me but just wasn't willing to shell out the 70-80 pounds for one... One thing I do love about them is some of their colors and stripes. Some of their ties are also great. Alternatively, check out Etro for that sort of thing. The reasons they're not featured here are 1. as mentioned, really bad price to quality ratio 2. I think, they're a bit flashy/loud for this crowd. But if you don't really care about the price and also like the brand then why not. Personally though, I'd still have trouble shelling out for them even if money was no concern, just on principle...

shoeme

Reaction score
I bougght 4-5 of them in 1996 and they did not last too long. Despite taking care of my shirts, the collars frayed quickly. Some of the fabric is great, and some is terrible. As others indicated, quality controls appears to be an issue. From what I recall, they were very popular with the Wall St. crowd, who bought them more as status shirts, rather than quality shirts. If you can get them on deep discount, they are fine.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When production of the 'Made in Ireland' shirts was discontinued and moved to Morocco, I believe they lost any and all claim to quality. I believe this was around 2001 or 2002 and coincided with the brothers sale to LVMH.

I still have one or two of these from around 2000. Did I pay full retail? No. Would I buy the same shirts at $80 or so which I paid during a sale? No.

For a better taste of Jermyn street 'tailoring' you can do a lot better with Hilditch and Key, especially with the classic fabrics and collars.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The slim fits were nice, I picked up a few super cheap on eBay. Otherwise I think it's overpriced.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for this. i had been eyeing a formal shirt from them. now i think i'll keep looking.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Thomas Pink gets very little airtime because they are low quality, over priced shirts. I do not, and will not own any ever! Plus I was stalked by a Thomas Pink salesman the first time I went into one of their stores....he followed me from store to store.

Store to store???

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Store to store???

Yes store to store. I found a green gingham shirt that I liked, but the shirt tails were too short so I didn't want it. The salesman followed me out of the shop, into Macy's and then into a leathergoods shop. What a creeper...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Yes store to store. I found a green gingham shirt that I liked, but the shirt tails were too short so I didn't want it. The salesman followed me out of the shop, into Macy's and then into a leathergoods shop. What a creeper...

There seems to be this weird stalking trend in SF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads