• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will see River leave to visit the Library and the 10th Doctor in this coming episode. That will be her character's send off. It has been surprising that River has yet to make an appearance this season after being so important to the last one.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just started watching this week's episode.

Please tell me the Statue of Liberty is a Weeping Angel.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** yes I love this show.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly believe that the weeping angels are the scariest villains in modern non-horror fiction. Those things freak me the **** out. Loved this episode and anyone who didn't isn't a real human.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I honestly believe that the weeping angels are the scariest villains in modern non-horror fiction. Those things freak me the **** out. Loved this episode and anyone who didn't isn't a real human.

Completely agree.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the statue of liberty was cool as ****. enjoyed the episode but the ending felt a little anti-climactic. the preview of the headstone sort of ruined it.

Also, do we have to ******* wait until christmas for new episodes?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to enter into a deep state of depression over the lack of Ponds in this show moving forward. :(

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also, do we have to ******* wait until christmas for new episodes?

Yes, I believe so. Not quite as bad a wait as Breaking Bad, but pretty damn ******* annoying.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't find the wait till Christmas that annoying, to be honest. It's not that long (TWSS).

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new assistant looks like she's completely mental. The kind of chick who is crazy and hyper in a club but when you wake up in the morning has evil-eyes and claims to be pregnant. I wanna hit that so hard...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agreed, but I also thought she was a little too wordy in her appearance during the first episode. Hopefully she slows down a little when she becomes a regular.

Otherwise, it could be used as a method to tone down the Doctor himself some? To counter her, Smith would play his Doctor a little more straight? I don't know. Just a thought.

Can't wait for the Christmas Special.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ One of the aspects that came out of Jenna-Louise Coleman's auditions, as revealed by the producers, is that she can talk faster than Matt Smith. Your guesses are therefore as good as any

Regarding the last episode (which I enjoyed), the story suffered from a lack of tightness regarding just how the time travelling and distortions were meant to work; indeed, there are several internet fleshbots working themselves up over how definitive Amy and Rory's final fate was meant to be. Moreover, Rory was denied an actual farewell, and as the apparently acknowledged backbone of the core cast, that was quite a disservice

We, the audience, have seen no more than two iterations of River Song older than this one. Which does call into question how often she will recur. But it does make me think that her final appearance will actually involve those Singing Towers

Thankfully, the Weeping Angels remained deliciously unpleasant sadists. They should perhaps be retired, that said, because I can't imagine methods to defeat them are in plentiful supply

I'll definitely miss the Ponds. But Smith is still the best regular actor this show has enjoyed in years - his near-shutdown was magnificent

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Official image of the Doctor from this year's Christmas Special.

Doctor looks to still be morning the loss of the Ponds. I wonder if this signals a change in how the character is going to be portrayed by Smith?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SPOILERS!

New Cybermen designs from Neil Gaiman's episode. I think they nailed it.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has taken every ounce of inner strength I have but I haven't licked your link.

Once of my family traditions is arriving back from Holiday and watching the Dr Who Christmas Special some time around the 15th January. I know its old fashioned, but I am going to forgo the joys of Fanboi-dom and experience the episode "raw".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads