Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Apr 11, 2010.

1. barims

barims Senior member

^ The "opposite timelines" was never meant as an absolute - one obvious example is the River of "Let's Kill Hitler" being younger than the two (three?) iterations of her in "The Wedding of River Song." And as per the Season 6 "Night and the Doctor" shorts, River's last trip with the Doctor (prior to meeting the Tenth and dying in "Forest of the Dead") is with a future version of the Eleventh

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I did some looking around the interwebz and it looks like River will be making an appearance in Episode 5, The Angels Take Manhattan. As most of you know this will be the Ponds' final appearance and it is looking like that's being extended to their daughter, River, too. In a way this makes a lot of sense as it closes out their chapters and allows for a fresh start with the new companion.

I dare not do any deeper digging as open myself up to the possibility of having this episode spoiled, but luckily they seem to be doing a good job of keeping the details under wraps. I truly will be sad to see Amy and Rory go, no matter what the ultimate fate is that waits for them.

3. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Will definitely be an interesting episode. They are normally pretty good at handling departures, and I'm glad that they are making a clean cut from the Pond Dynasty. It means that when Matt Smith finally leaves the series wont have any hangers on.

4. Jr Mouse

Agreed. Plus I am not sure they could have done much more with River. If they had kept her ability to regenerate and broken the established cycle of time, perhaps you could have turned her into the female Doctor. As it is, it feels like she's had her arc as was conceived.

5. Jr Mouse

Stetsons are cool.

[​IMG]

6. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I though that when River first met the Dr she did not recognise him so surely she would meet a future Dr?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I rather enjoyed the Dinosaurs on a Spaceship episode. Nice to sometimes mix in some real out-there kind of wackiness.

8. barims

barims Senior member

River's only confirmed Doctor interactions are with the Tenth and Eleventh versions

9. Jr Mouse

Next episode is getting some strong reviews already. Loving this season so far. :slayer:

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

great cinematography and visuals but the story was a bit flat, even as a one off.

11. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I actually preferred this one to the dinosaur episode. The references to all the greatest westerns combined with the foreshadowing of the doctors demise were much more watchable than some one-off episodes.

12. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Wasn't really into this episode, last one was much better, but then again I only watch Doctor Who for laughs or child-like thrills so it's understandable why this one didn't do it for me.

Was anyone else reminded of Kryten from Red Dwarf by the cyborg?

13. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I was hoping that he might even be played by Robert Llewellyn. The head shape and stance were so similar, but I suppose it would have been too weird to have a Sci-fi crossover like that.

14. barims

barims Senior member

I need to rewatch the episode on the grounds of inebriation. I did think that it had a lot going for it, but Darvill and Browder (and Gillan, to an extent) were under-served and seemingly utilised only to hit on some perfunctory beats, as and when it was required of them

Smith, Metzstein (+ visual effects and other directing crew) and even Murray Gold, on the other hand, had little faults to name. Overall, it was a good episode held back by some curiously reticent aspects

15. Jr Mouse

Believe it or not, I agree.