• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you take off your shoes in the home, upon entering?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I take my shoes off when entering my home and expect others to do the same. People sit/lay down on the carpet. You may not think so, but you step in all kinds of nasty stuff throughout the day (just think about when you walk through the men's room), and I don't want that stuff getting on the carpet where my or my family member's faces may be inches away when laying on the floor or when my nephew is playing on the floor.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, as it is more comfortable.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to take them off, and I always do that at my home. You are reallz more comfortable in slippers at home, I think. When it comes to other peoples homes, it depends on where I am. It is basically a cultural thing. In Sweden you take them off. In Spain, normally not.
I actually remember being on a party in Sweden and getting my shoes swapped for the shoes of a friend of mine. We had identical shoes (there were not that many shoe-stores in our town, and our student budget limited the choice of shoes), but his were one size smaller than mine. We didn´t find out about the error until some days afterwards, when he heard me complaining about my shoes having become like smaller; he said that was funny, as his had like grewn larger. Then we looked at each other and suddenly realised what had happened.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my own home, yes, for cleanliness and comfort. As a guest, it depends on the host's custom/preference.

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
To me, it just makes more sense.

Tracking all the dirt in from the outside world on your carpet or hardwood floors
never really made sense to me.

REASONS:
1)Keeps your house clean
2)Preserves your shoes

I too just change into some loafers, or slippers at home.
It's also cultural, but that's really at the end of the reasons list.
Mostly preference.

Can you imagine coming in during a dirty/dusty day or rain and think your little rug in front of your house is going to get all that out? And then track that into your house?

Also my shoes are still in like new/showroom condition because they aren't overextended in wear. They are worn outside and inside.

It's like lounging in your dressier wear at home. You end up stretching the fabric and prematurely wearing them out.

It's just good to take care of your investments.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
No, not in mine.

However I do have friends who require it and I respect that and oblige.

Same.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen some people not only walk in the same shoes inside their house, but place their feet on top of tables and beds/sofas while wearing the same pare of shoes their wore outside.
frown.gif
eek.gif

PuppetBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nighttrain7404
Tracking all the dirt in from the outside world on your carpet or hardwood floors never really made sense to me.
besides, that would practically put my dog out of a job.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they make some product, to put over your shoes, for more hygienic wear inside the home? I've only seen the ones doctors wear, on tv for operations, but never in a nice antique brown, or with a medallion design.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Do they make some product, to put over your shoes, for more hygienic wear inside the home? I’ve only seen the ones doctors wear, on tv for operations, but never in a nice antique brown, or with a medallion design.

Plus-size women's hosiery works well. Very form-fitting.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Martha Stewart has booties she gives all her guests. That may be overkill but with antique heart pine floors and white rugs, I appreciate the sentiment.

Outside of a cocktail party, where I just steel myself for the inevitable grime, if you're in my home, prepare to channel Joe Jackson.

lefty

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Do they make some product, to put over your shoes, for more hygienic wear inside the home? I’ve only seen the ones doctors wear, on tv for operations, but never in a nice antique brown, or with a medallion design.
When I visited Dr.Sun-Yat-Sen's house in Shanghai, they had these plastic things to put over your shoes. It was unattractive and inconvenient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads