• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like/dislike the sound of your voice?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
i cant quite grasp my voice sometimes it sounds high pitched, and sometimes it sounds low pitched

Maybe it depends on how your balls are hanging at any given moment.
lol8[1].gif

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Maybe it depends on how your balls are hanging at any given moment.
lol8[1].gif

lol8[1].gif

usually with when i talk my friends or family my voice is usally mellow and sort of higher pitched, when i am with others my voice is usually lower pitched. i think i my voice changes depending on the situation

ArMiXiA

Reaction score
Wow I felt the same way when I heard my voice recording. I hate it when my girlfriend plays voicemails I left her right in front of me.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, I cringe when I hear me too.

Mostly lately I have been surprised at how much of my Australian accent I have lost in the past 7 years. My voice has rounded out a lot.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
My voice has rounded out a lot.
I feel your pain. So has my stomach.

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Um, yeah. I think they probably do Mike.
Sorry to have to tell you that.

We do.
However, it's a deep nerdy. Which is much better than high pitched or nasally nerdy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ya, I cringe when I hear me too.

Mostly lately I have been surprised at how much of my Australian accent I have lost in the past 7 years. My voice has rounded out a lot.

So now you have a Vietnamese accent?

+++++++

+1 with Brian. Can't stand my voice... I can't even watch my wedding video because of the part where I had a thank you speech. Cringe-inducing.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the rest, I hate the sound of my own voice. I don't know what it is. Although, the weird thing is that people say I sound good when I sing. Now I think they are full of **** or I'm tone-deaf... i'm sure it's both
frown.gif

jon5986

Reaction score
To be honest, I hate the sound of my own voice. It sounds boring and plain......

I wish I had a South African or British accent.

aguydude

Reaction score
I too dislike my voice. Is anyone aware of any programs that can improve one's voice?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
So now you have a Vietnamese accent?
haha...ekyoomeeeesir nah, if anything I sound like a slightly nasal southern Englishman. I have had British people think I was British - which is not a good sign. Oh well, at least it isn't American.
Originally Posted by jon5986
I wish I had a South African or British accent.
Safas have such an odd neither-here-nor-there accent. I don't really like it. British it depends where. Noone should ever have to sound like a Jordy or a Scouser. Horrible accents. Irish...now Irish is pretty.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My voice makes girls instantly wet. Saves me a tonne of money on lube.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I sound like I'm 16. I'm really older. So, no. I dislike my voice.

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
that is my gripe as well. i always figured my voice is as pleasant and manly sounding when i hear myself , but in reality it is not deep or masculine at all.

This.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics