• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you dress "sharp" on a regular basis / daily?

Moonchild

Reaction score
Hello Style Forumers,
l had this conversation with my big brother this morning about each other wardrobe : My brother told me he wears his "fine" clothes only for particular occasions and social contexts (parties, going out, weddings, dates, etc...) and on working days, just an usual jean + t shirts + sneakers combo... Which baffles me, because my brother really have many wonderful items, from jackets to shoes and l think it sucks to wear them like once or twice a year...
On the other hand, l try to ALWAYS be "dressed" evryday, no matter the occasion (work, going out, date, wedding...). He says it's useless because people around you get used to your look and it's hard to surprise / impress them in the long term, when, on the other hand, he only dress "well" when he needs to impress people or make a statement about his personnality...

I live in a city in France where people are not really used to my looks (colorful trousers, pocket squares, drop crotch trousers...) and at first people around me were giving me the weird look, the gay rumors at work, etc... Now they're all used to it and l always dress "sharp" when l leave my house...

What about you? do you dress sharp EVERYDAY (l mean every single day) like l do (l'd rather be late at work if l have to take time to chose an outfit, for instance) or only for particular days, and some days you just don't care?

Just curious to know in what part of the spectrum l am
smile.gif

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Style Forumers,
l had this conversation with my big brother this morning about each other wardrobe : My brother told me he wears his "fine" clothes only for particular occasions and social contexts (parties, going out, weddings, dates, etc...) and on working days, just an usual jean + t shirts + sneakers combo... Which baffles me, because my brother really have many wonderful items, from jackets to shoes and l think it sucks to wear them like once or twice a year... 
On the other hand, l try to ALWAYS be "dressed" evryday, no matter the occasion (work, going out, date, wedding...). He says it's useless because people around you get used to your look and it's hard to surprise / impress them in the long term, when, on the other hand, he only dress "well" when he needs to impress people or make a statement about his personnality...

I live in a city in France where people are not really used to my looks (colorful trousers, pocket squares, drop crotch trousers...) and at first people around me were giving me the weird look, the gay rumors at work, etc... Now they're all used to it and l always dress "sharp" when l leave my house...

What about you? do you dress sharp EVERYDAY (l mean every single day) like l do (l'd rather be late at work if l have to take time to chose an outfit, for instance) or only for particular days, and some days you just don't care?

[COLOR=FF00AA]Just curious to know in what part of the spectrum l am :) [/COLOR]

Curious I would say. you dress appropriately for each occasion

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live in a city in France where people are not really used to my looks (colorful trousers, pocket squares, drop crotch trousers...)
Just curious to know in what part of the spectrum l am :)

If you're wearing drop crotch trousers I'd say you're in the Streetwear & Denim part of the spectrum.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

at first people around me were giving me the weird look, the gay rumors at work, etc...

Hahahaha! That doesn't seem usual OP. I think that you have a bigger problem on your hands, LOL! We may need pictures to truly appreciate this thread.

Last edited:

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Some of us can't dress up the way we want to because of the field of work we're in. Weekends I dress nicely, weekday during work hours... jeans and a shirt.

Moonchild

Reaction score
If you're wearing drop crotch trousers I'd say you're in the Streetwear & Denim part of the spectrum.

Well, l wear every "style", be it classic menswear or street style .... but hey, l had to chose a topiw here to post this thread
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha! That doesn't seem usual OP. I think that you have a bigger problem on your hands, LOL! We may need pictures to truly appreciate this thread.

Haha, l know, the "guy into clothes = guy into penises" stuff is old. was pissed at first, now l don't care anymore... Plus l get along quite well with the gays (been hit on a lot and many guys into clothing l know in my area, besides my bro, are gays, so we're cool!
wink.gif
. . . Pictures below

I'm shy but l give it a try... See below
shog[1].gif

drop crotch pents is dressing sharp?
confused.gif

Hahah, "sharp" is probably too strong to express what l mean : by "dressing sharp", l mean doing your best to look good, paying attention to details on your own outfits, accessorizing, color matching, etc... Regardless of the style you wearing (casual, business, classic, streetwear, etc...)
bigstar[1].gif

Some random pics of various "styles" (may repost them on a WAYWT thread later...)

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not just the color. It is also that some of the clothes above the waist are too tight.

It would be nice to get more answers to the original question.

Moloch38

Reaction score
I only clean my musket and scour my hatchet when I think there's going to be a fight.......that's a great mentality. Be prepared son, that's my motto. Worked for Rogers and his Rangers and still works today. Dressing sharp doesn't have to mean a three piece suit. It means do your best, for whatever the situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads