Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do you dress "sharp" on a regular basis / daily?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Moonchild, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Moonchild

Moonchild Senior member

Hello Style Forumers,
    l had this conversation with my big brother this morning about each other wardrobe : My brother told me he wears his "fine" clothes only for particular occasions and social contexts (parties, going out, weddings, dates, etc...) and on working days, just an usual jean + t shirts + sneakers combo... Which baffles me, because my brother really have many wonderful items, from jackets to shoes and l think it sucks to wear them like once or twice a year...
    On the other hand, l try to ALWAYS be "dressed" evryday, no matter the occasion (work, going out, date, wedding...). He says it's useless because people around you get used to your look and it's hard to surprise / impress them in the long term, when, on the other hand, he only dress "well" when he needs to impress people or make a statement about his personnality...

I live in a city in France where people are not really used to my looks (colorful trousers, pocket squares, drop crotch trousers...) and at first people around me were giving me the weird look, the gay rumors at work, etc... Now they're all used to it and l always dress "sharp" when l leave my house...

What about you? do you dress sharp EVERYDAY (l mean every single day) like l do (l'd rather be late at work if l have to take time to chose an outfit, for instance) or only for particular days, and some days you just don't care?

Just curious to know in what part of the spectrum l am [​IMG]

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Curious I would say. you dress appropriately for each occasion

3. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

If you're wearing drop crotch trousers I'd say you're in the Streetwear & Denim part of the spectrum.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I dress the same all the time. Only on weekends with no tie and more sweaters.

5. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Hahahaha! That doesn't seem usual OP. I think that you have a bigger problem on your hands, LOL! We may need pictures to truly appreciate this thread.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

6. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Agreed. [​IMG]

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

drop crotch pents is dressing sharp? [​IMG]

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I only dress up for occasions

9. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

Some of us can't dress up the way we want to because of the field of work we're in. Weekends I dress nicely, weekday during work hours... jeans and a shirt.

10. Moonchild

Moonchild Senior member

Well, l wear every "style", be it classic menswear or street style .... but hey, l had to chose a topiw here to post this thread [​IMG]
    Haha, l know, the "guy into clothes = guy into penises" stuff is old. was pissed at first, now l don't care anymore... Plus l get along quite well with the gays (been hit on a lot and many guys into clothing l know in my area, besides my bro, are gays, so we're cool! [​IMG] . . . Pictures below

I'm shy but l give it a try... See below [​IMG]

Hahah, "sharp" is probably too strong to express what l mean : by "dressing sharp", l mean doing your best to look good, paying attention to details on your own outfits, accessorizing, color matching, etc... Regardless of the style you wearing (casual, business, classic, streetwear, etc...) [​IMG]

Some random pics of various "styles" (may repost them on a WAYWT thread later...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

It's not just the color. It is also that some of the clothes above the waist are too tight.

It would be nice to get more answers to the original question.

12. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I only clean my musket and scour my hatchet when I think there's going to be a fight.......that's a great mentality. Be prepared son, that's my motto. Worked for Rogers and his Rangers and still works today. Dressing sharp doesn't have to mean a three piece suit. It means do your best, for whatever the situation.