• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you dress better than your girlfriend?

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
H&M watches the runways like a hawk and releases a version of anything that appears across several shows. If epaulettes are big, you better believe everything in H&M is going to have some epaulettes on it.

Forever 21 watches the runways like a hawk and then takes it straight to their stores. They're like the institutionalized version of those Hong Kong fakes.

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
I don't know much about Zara, or Express (which seem so goddamn similar to me), except that they seem to be missing stylistic direction. It's like guido clubwear that occassionally borrows things from the runway that they think will sell to guidos. This is what I have gleaned from spending a few minutes in each store before I decided that I hated everything and left.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
forever 21 does have men's clothes, and their relationship with the fashion industry is a lot more hostile than H&M's
What do you mean by this?
eh.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Meaning H&M does designer collabs and generally has a healthy relationship with the fashion industry, whereas Forever 21 is fairly universally reviled.
I see. That store is inside one of the local malls, but I never dared to step foot in there. The way the store is designed looks ultra feminine and girly, so I always thought they only made junk for women exclusively.
eh.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miles Gloriosus
Forever 21 watches the runways like a hawk and then takes it straight to their stores. They're like the institutionalized version of those Hong Kong fakes.
The reason why Forever 21 is hated in the industry goes far, far deeper than the fact that they copy designers.

Miles Gloriosus

Reaction score
I never said it stopped there. I'm not truly on the inside of the fashion industry, so I couldn't say for sure, I was just sharing my observations about the label.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
would any of you break up with your gf because of the way she dressed?

as long shes presentable i wouldn't care, but if she started dressing like scenester or something then i would be concerned.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
Are they supposed to be the female exclusive version of H&M?

no, they have mens clothing as well.

Originally Posted by chineseboy
ehh toronto's not bad, in the asian crowd at least. the koreans dress really well i feel, and they make all the other asians step up their game. i really like a girl that wears heals/boots with heals with every outfit
inlove.gif
i'm trying to convince my gf to do the same, but she thinks she's too tall in heals compared to me although she's 3 inches shorter boooo

Asians were pretty well dressed at one point, but now they all gave up and just started dressing like the euro-trash club crowd with true religion and such, that or a wardrobe entirely comprised of H&M.

stick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
... she owns a pair of Uggs, though, and likes them. no comments on that please.

laugh.gif
Same here, something about those Uggs just draws girls in. As much as it pained me, I ended up buying my girl a new pair a couple weeks ago because she was dying for some.

Cute dog, my girl has a dog that looks almost identical, but with black patches, not brown, and she loves putting him in the same weird poses.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chineseboy
i recently noticed i pay more attention to fashion/how i dress than my girlfriend. she doesn't dress poorly by any means. what about you guys??? does it bother you??
nope, she dresses way better then me (although its not hard)...her closet is full of lang and gucci. shes such a ***** too
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads