• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you dress better than your girlfriend?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i find that most girls dress the same.
yoga pants/leggings, ugg boots, hollister/other brand hoodie

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
Eh its debatable because I mostly wear streetwear stuff denim, T shirts, etc and she wears suits and heels 24/7.

chineseboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
ex-girlfriend not only dressed better but was far more attractive than me.

lol is that why it's ex

Originally Posted by cb_32
i find that most girls dress the same.
yoga pants/leggings, ugg boots, hollister/other brand hoodie

mostly true for girls still in school/university but sad if she's a workin ggirl and still dresses like that

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoconutBanana
Eh its debatable because I mostly wear streetwear stuff denim, T shirts, etc and she wears suits and heels 24/7.

She must be hot then.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some gf/wives think that the only reason a man would wear decent clothes is to attract other women, so it can be threatening to them. Especially if it seems to come out of nowhere (as might be the case if the man in question were to begin to frequent internet style forums). Most men look like slobs and doofuses, and yet their man is all of a sudden very fancy -- why would that be? what is he up to? etc.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My ex always always looked cute and had the best taste in clothes/accessories though she wouldn't spend a lot on them. I was surprised she found some nice stuff at the mall but when we went out at night and I got a raf button up and branquinho netted cardigan on she'd say I was stylin all over her and I'd be like what are you talking about babes???? A good lady friend of mine would always use the term fancy too which was a touch irksome to me.

/the softer, gentler jetpup

EMY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
My point is that many people will only dress better if their environment tells them to.

Exactly, but I think only for the better, at least for me. My friends dress like ****, but when I met a certain girl I started dressing much better. I don't talk to her anymore, but I didn't go back to my ****** style.

KBW

Reaction score
My gf actually bitches at me telling me I think I'm better than her only because of how I dress...she actually wants me to dress like ****. She actually dresses really well but it takes me 30 minutes to get ready and takes her 1.5 hours. She also died when she snooped around and found out the price of my Lanvin sneaks

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^cop her some security for xmas

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chineseboy
lol is that why it's ex

mostly true for girls still in school/university but sad if she's a workin ggirl and still dresses like that

Roxanne
you don't have to wear that dress tonight
walk the streets for money
you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BB1, good story. Would be interested in seeing your style transformation as well.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex sort of did, yes. imo she seemed more well put together.

I think a better question would be if you and your significant other share a similar aesthetic?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Some gf/wives think that the only reason a man would wear decent clothes is to attract other women, so it can be threatening to them. Especially if it seems to come out of nowhere (as might be the case if the man in question were to begin to frequent internet style forums).

Most men look like slobs and doofuses, and yet their man is all of a sudden very fancy -- why would that be? what is he up to? etc.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads