• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do things reappear on bluefly?

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Do things reappear on Bluefly?  What are the chances of PLRL shoes coming up for sale there again?

I ordered a black pair of Whittakers, but by the time I tried them on and realized that they fit well, they were sold out in brown.  

Fortunately, johnnynorman3 kindly alerted the Board to the fact that a brown pair in my size was available. (Presumably, they were a return.) I placed my order, which was pending at the warehouse for several days.  Bluefly has just informed me that the order has been cancelled because the item didn't meet quality control or isn't in stock and may not become available again. I have asked if they were indeed returns and have a scratched sole and therefore have been deemed unfit for resale, but I will not hold my breath for a response.

I have considered Mr. Harris' contact for English shoes, but I am relatively happy with the fit and cut of the black Whittakers, and do not want to go through the tribulation of ordering blind, which I have done for C&J's from PLAL with mixed result.

So, what is the consensus on the Whittakers?  Were they a once in a Blue(moon)fly lifetime event, or will we be seeing them again sometime in the next year or two?

Bic

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I actually had the same exact thing happen.  I bought the black RLPL/EG because the browns were out of my size.  At a later date, someone must have returned a pair which I promptly snapped up.  I was as happy as a pig in New Jersey. If they have in your size, go for it, even if they have a scratched sole... Ask for a discount though.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i think their policy is to take things off the website as soon as the stock is depleted, which means you have a decent chance of seeing them again soon after they're gone, due to returns and cancelled orders.

i would say just give them a call and ask if they could hold a returned item for you. or at least they might send you an email if the item comes back in stock.

/andrew

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would call Bluefly and ask for a Stefanie or John Bragato. They may both be in credit services, but they seem to be "higher ups" at Bluefly and if in fact the shoes were deemed unfit were resale, I'm sure they would give you the option of purchasing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads