• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do these fit?

FeloniusMonk

Reaction score
There's some adaptation for sure - it took me a while to get used to slimmer fits. And they will relax/stretch a little bit if you wear them for a couple hours. You could also need the next size up, or the Levis 510 fit may not be quite right for you. Where are they too tight? Hips, thighs, knees, waist? Somewhere else?

The next step is to start looking at garment dimensions besides just the tagged waist size (which is typically a couple inches smaller than the actual measurement). Waist, thigh, knee, ankle, rise, and inseam are the primary measurements in pants. Levis doesn't give you these numbers, but you can measure them directly. Higher-quality clothing manufacturers will provide at least some of these measurements for their jeans, so you can compare. If there's a particular spot that's just a bit tight on the pants you own, you can look for some that are just slightly larger (0.5"-1") in that area.

Oogabooga

Reaction score
Too tight everywhere. Waist is fine, but hips, thighs, too constricted. Even behind knees just feels uncomfortable, too tight and not enough freedom of movement. I’d rather be able to have a full range of motion than look cool. Guess I’m out of the game then eh? Lol

FeloniusMonk

Reaction score
Too tight everywhere. Waist is fine, but hips, thighs, too constricted. Even behind knees just feels uncomfortable, too tight and not enough freedom of movement. I’d rather be able to have a full range of motion than look cool. Guess I’m out of the game then eh? Lol
Fitting people over the internet can be difficult. If they're that uncomfortable, I'd say that you're probably better off going back to the 511s - which don't look bad, mind you. You can probably find a brand that makes a cut that fits you how you want, but you're probably going to end up spending more in the $100-$150 range and/or spend a lot of time trying stuff on. I'd recommend measuring the 510s, then sending them back and getting the 511s again (if you didn't hang onto them) and measuring those as well. Keep those numbers on file and look for jeans that fall in between. In the mean time, wear the 511s.

Oogabooga

Reaction score
Cool. I figured that’d what I’d do, I’ll see about the measurements but I imagine it’s just the way a skinny cut feels and I’m just not willing to sacrifice that much comfort. Appreciate the help!

Oogabooga

Reaction score
Update - I had ordered a few more Levi’s skinnies before this corona thing got out of hand and they just arrived. They are broken in already and far, far more comfy. Not as nice as the ones I had that aren’t comfy, but they are wearable.

I could never wear the other ones long enough to break them in. How long does that take, like a few months?

FeloniusMonk

Reaction score
Update - I had ordered a few more Levi’s skinnies before this corona thing got out of hand and they just arrived. They are broken in already and far, far more comfy. Not as nice as the ones I had that aren’t comfy, but they are wearable.

I could never wear the other ones long enough to break them in. How long does that take, like a few months?
Breaking in jeans that aren't raw denim generally doesn't take any significant amount of time. I suspect you're dealing with the previously-mentioned Levis variability here. I've seen vast differences in both fit and material among Levis that are nominally the same size and style.

Oogabooga

Reaction score
Breaking in jeans that aren't raw denim generally doesn't take any significant amount of time. I suspect you're dealing with the previously-mentioned Levis variability here. I've seen vast differences in both fit and material among Levis that are nominally the same size and style.
Interesting. Maybe ill hold onto a pair and put em on a few more times. They are very, very stiff currently. The new ones I received are those faded looking pre washed jeans that already feel old out of the box. Those don’t really limit motion range much

Yes, Levi’s oesnt really have any size or fit standard. I’ve ordered several pairs of slim and skinny and none of them fit or look the same

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads