• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Szeph el raton | Szephjin#2168 | Europe
GreenFrog | SixSpeed#1710
KitAkira | Akira#1498
Jabonator | Jabonator#2405 | Europe
nerdykarim | whatupmoney#1395
b1os | b1ossss#2165 | Europe
ConcernedParent | EasyGirls#1550
skitlets | skitlets#1563
1234 | Giantsbran12#1613
AHShadow | AHShadow#1809 | U.S.
joshuadowen | redbeard#1984 | U.S.
worakl | worakl#2366 | Europe (That's an L, as a ****** play on 'Oracle')
gettoasty | GetToasty#1203 | U.S.
yjeezle | Cuddytime#1524
otc | otto#1671 | U.S.
GBear | GBear#1263 | U.S.
Kuki | Lukekul#1697 | U.S.
mvpberto | | U.S.
driveslowk | Driveslowk#1790 | U.S.
Stazy | Stazy5#1216 |
Imhoff | Imhoff#1545 | U.S. (That's an i)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dinging my way closer to 60....I'm in act 2 hell now (I think I am level 55)

Really hasn't felt too hard lately except for packs with crazy mods (especially if you aggro a second pack while fighting the first). Yesterday I was 54 and playing with somebody. They went AFK and I cleared to Maghda's door....I was tired of waiting so I hit the timer and when it ran out I decided to just do it myself.

Even though there was another guy in the server (maybe it takes away the bonuses if they don't participate in the event), the battle was laughably easy. I did it the other night on nightmare with a friend and I swear it was only incrementally harder killing her in Hell than it was killing her with only traps and turrets and 2 lower level chars in NM. Part of it is probably that I have decent gear and a build that I am pretty comfortable with and good at playing...but seems like an odd mix of easy vs hard when the packs come.

Excited to get some more difficulty ramp ups as I press forwards..although I am less excited about the prospect of being 1-shot by everything. I like to be able to take a few hits.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Random thought...

I think one of the things I'm struggling with is overuse of the AH - I have so much gold that I can almost buy anything outside of the rarest of rings and weapons. One of the things I love most is the random / chance aspect of playing - its a lot like gambling but less messy. Anyone else feel like I do?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Random thought...
I think one of the things I'm struggling with is overuse of the AH - I have so much gold that I can almost buy anything outside of the rarest of rings and weapons. One of the things I love most is the random / chance aspect of playing - its a lot like gambling but less messy. Anyone else feel like I do?

Yeah.

Although at the same time if it weren't for the AH, I probably wouldn't have any gear the way things are going.

Just yesterday I replaced (through the AH) something that had a level requirement of 21...even if I bought it in the AH initially (and then kept socketing it with additional gems) its weird that I still never found anything better. You would think a blue with sockets that I could move the same gems into would have to be better at some point.

Last edited:

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Playing as a DH - right now. My quiver, left ring, shoulders, gloves and boots are all from drops.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
amulet as well

+105dex
+148vit
+103intelligence
+25% gold from monsters

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
protip: stack crit damage and ias on dh.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

protip: stack crit damage and ias on dh.

Currently running +189% crit dmg and 2.16 aps but this is before the ias nerf

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random thought...

i agree. i initially blamed AH overusage on increased playtime, but i only have 350k gold and 1 lvl 60 character and all of his gear is from the ah. it's poor man's gear, but from the AH nonetheless since everything i've bought on there far outperforms anything i've found. i think there's three reasons for AH overusage, in order of importance:

1. crafting sucks

2. drop rates for useful stuff is very low. not actual drop rate values, the chance that you'll find a godly rare or useful legendary

3. AH is too accessible

crafting is really the meat of the issue here. in my mind pre-release, crafting was the extension of the skill system since in order to get stronger skills you needed greater DPS and mods which meant you had to put in a lot of work to level your smith up. this was probably the only thing i was really let down about post-release; they need to find a way to scale blacksmith leveling so that you must rely on the smith to survive. drop rates in and of themselves aren't terrible; i would be okay with poor drop rates if the smith became the default source for gear. give the smith had a level cap of 30, so you would level him up for every 2 levels you gained, and make a new smith for each character. a lot of the AH complaints come from the fact that its way too easy to get incremental benefit for negligible cost, so force people gunning for that incremental benefit into crafting for it. the rarity of crafting materials means that you would have to get really lucky to get that incremental benefit plus you'd be sacrificing the opportunity cost of leveling your smith with those materials. you would have to make the smith unique to each character since the craft vs level issue would become irrelevant once he hit lvl 30.

drop rates are being buffed, which is nice. i would love to see a rare guarantee on elite packs/bosses; whether that is every pack or every other pack, knowing you'll at least have one shot at a good rare for all the grief elite packs put you through would make it more worthwhile.

finally: restrict the AH to godly blues and rares, legendaries and sets. set a minimum value in both the number and quality of mods; ie, only blues/yellows with X # of mods + base value of Y for each mod would be auctionable. plus, set a price floor so that godly **** is really inaccessible. if people had to cough up millions for that extra 10dps, i doubt we'd see people playing auctioncraft instead of diablo.

Last edited:

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're dropping 2 guaranteed rares to 1 with 5NV stacks on the bosses.

To counteract this, they're guaranteeing each champ pack to drop 1 rare when you have 5 stacks.

I think act 1 will be the place to farm once it can drop ilvl63 gear. Huge concentration of easy champ packs that guarantee 1 rare each. I can clear warden/butcher in under 15 minutes with MF gear.

Once 1.03 rolls in, I'll probably just clear everything in cemetery, festering woods all the way through butcher.

A lot of good gear is going to flood the market.

It seems D3 will be much easier to reach best-in-slot gear than in D2.

Reborn

Reaction score

Once 1.03 rolls in, I'll probably just clear everything in cemetery, festering woods all the way through butcher.

Also, you can teleport to leoric's manor and go back through the house to the front, 2-3 champs guaranteed within 3 minutes.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This game has gotten stale, but I don't anticipate any other similar games that are going to be able to replace it. I don't think I'll buy Guild Wars 2- pve is better, but come on, if you played GW for the pve you're doing it wrong.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM