• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Desperate, need help with quick suiting!

kilboua

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I know this defies the typical rule of "good fast cheap pick two", but I need a little of all three on short notice. I need a solid fall sportcoat for an event this weekend. I don't yet own a navy blue coat, so I was thinking of taking it that direction, but a tweed or similar would also be cool.

That being said, I have a budget of 500$. Where could I order a suit online, have it overnighted and expect a decent off the rack fit? I am a pretty typical 42R with slightly longer arms.

Thanks for the help!

AK

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not buy in person? That way you know how it'll fit. You may be able to get an okay fit OTR. The odds of you getting a good fit with no alterations on something you've never even tried on are miniscule.

Buy a navy blazer in a year-round weight.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suit - a set of outer clothes made of the same fabric and designed to be worn together, typically consisting of a jacket and trousers or a jacket and skirt.

suiting - fabric for suits

mgshaz

Reaction score
While I'm not entirely sure whether it's a suit or a jacket that you're looking for, here are a couple options for you that fit the price-point and are relatively good value (with the Benjamin suit likely being superior):

Suit:
http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16490/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--41R-fdsh-42R/Detail
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-blue-plain-london-p2529e/P2529E,en_US,pd.html?start=58&cgid=Suits

Sport coat:
http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-havana-c680/C680,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Jackets

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 112 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%