• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Desert Boots - Still in or so last season?

Flashman

Reaction score
Thanks all, plan to pop into Clarks and pick up the relevant items - why the idiot sales staff did not advice me to but it at the initial purchase i dont know!!!

Pissed off!!!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flashman
I have bought them....yesterday!

Grim was joking at the time of this thread, but they have since fallen out of style. Monkey boots are what's hot right now.

Furq

Reaction score
I like the looks of the desert boots but I can't get them to fit. I tried them on in the store, but the heel was too loose and slid around quite a bit.

Any recommendations for something that looks similar, is also inexpensive, but may fit better?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone always worry about what's currently in season or not? I can agree that there are certain trends that span a decade or at least a couple years, but it's not worth buying IMO if you only do it because it's popular for a span of months.

Flashman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Grim was joking at the time of this thread, but they have since fallen out of style. Monkey boots are what's hot right now.

What the blooming hell is a monkey boot???
eh.gif

Anyway i got the DBs and i like em!!!

In fact popped into Clarks after work and picked up a spray shampoo cleaner, a brush and a protector spray!

Have applied t'shampoo and given em a scrub!

Hope when they dry they look as good as new!!!

Flashman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Why does everyone always worry about what's currently in season or not? I can agree that there are certain trends that span a decade or at least a couple years, but it's not worth buying IMO if you only do it because it's popular for a span of months.

Agreed, agreed, agreed!

I merely asked as i did not know that the DBs are 'classics'. I simply did not want to buy a passing fashion fad - that had passed!

Knowing that they are classics sealed the deal!

Most of my wardrobe if not all - is these days items that are classic or pretty much outside the realms of 'current fashion'. Just things that will be worn indefinitely.

Flashman

Reaction score
FIXED!

Well, as good as.

The cleaning solution was alright and the brush seems to have done the trick - i also used the 'protector' spray.

So happy again.

Thanks all.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Still what? Still for rapists.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by les.classic
Should desert boots always be worn bare, or are socks acceptable too?

I wear socks -- these boots feel hot and icky without them.

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flashman
Ok, having been wearing my super pair of desert boots for the past 3 weekends....i somehow managed to stain them! I notice 2 small 'spots' on one shoe - tried cleaning with a bit or warm water - made it worse! then whilst cleaning it - dropped a tear of soapy water on the right foot - and bally well messed that one up to! Please HELP!!!!
The other day I saw a really hot girl on the train wearing a pair of well-soiled Clarks. I thought they looked great...really classic and broken-in.

But like I said...she was a hot girl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads