• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Describe This Hair Style

Mikey2

Reaction score
Hey.

I going for a haircut tomz and thinking I may go for something like this...

Picture link.....

It looks stylish on him, anyway whats the best way to describe this? Long on top for spikes and cut short round bag and sides?

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tell them to make you look like a date ******.
devil.gif

I have an easier solution, do you have a printer?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you have a digital camera? or Camera Phone? take a pic of the screen if you wanna be ghetto. Otherwise just save the pic and load it onto your memory card.

Looks like a standard "Cesar" based cut that is spiked in the front.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mikey2
Hey.

Picture link.....

It looks stylish on him, anyway whats the best way to describe this? Long on top for spikes and cut short round bag and sides?

describe it to the barber. hopefully he/she will be able to communicate well in english..so you can explain it to them how you want it.
either that or take a pic and show them. some of the popular spots have magazines that actually have popular male and female hair styles you can choose from. thats another option.

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
I realize this isn't an answer to your question, but I just thought I'd point out that if you got that hair cut, it would grow out in a few weeks and you'd have to get a trim. I suppose that's not an issue if you want to spend the time/patience/money on hair cuts every 2 weeks, but I like to get more mileage out of cuts than that.

capnpyro

Reaction score
I think I'd say I want to look like every 'cool' guy with messy hair in every recent movie, ever. Just a bit longer up top (I have this same hair btw)

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mikey2
Hey.

Picture link.....

Daft Punk.....

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
I realize this isn't an answer to your question, but I just thought I'd point out that if you got that hair cut, it would grow out in a few weeks and you'd have to get a trim. I suppose that's not an issue if you want to spend the time/patience/money on hair cuts every 2 weeks, but I like to get more mileage out of cuts than that.

yeah. i tried that approach but at a much shorter length and it wasn't really an intentional cut like that i just made it work. i got my hair cut back in the end of may and by mid june it was too weird to really style and now i can do it a little but not like the fresh version. gotta call my hair dresser tomorrow cause i needa get back in. but as for the op, do the ghetto camera phone/digital camera suggestion. and my suggestion is to get it a bit shorter than the provided picture just so you don't have to deal with getting it trimmed as often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads