• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David Reeves Flickr Photo stream

fletch

Reaction score
Found this the other day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3765308...n/photostream/

He describes this as his Gecko suit.

I think he got a lot of hate on here. By all accounts he's doing well. I saw one of his suits on a colleague the other day and was quite impressed, it was actually quite conservative looking and may be the navy suit on his flickr.

I use Ercole's but am thinking of giving him a go.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you talk about your Ercole experience?

fletch

Reaction score
I have been going for quite a while. I think Frank is a really nice guy but I think the styling isn't as good as some good off the rack these days. I am also eager to try out an English tailor and his pricing seems really good, especially since he uses Loro piana and Dormeuil Exclusively.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His stuff has a sixties/mod look to it to my eye. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of the stuff he does would look good on a younger, fashion concious man, quite hip for want of a better word.

I think for the 'older' client he would probably need tone it down a bit, which I've no doubt he could do.

I remember him posting on here, nice chap.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appears to me to be the Duncan Quin model.

Threadhead

Reaction score
The operative word is tailor, in this case. And David Reeves isn't one. Frank is much closer to being one and his father is one.

Some weeks back some guy from LA posted some nonsense about his company called "Number Suit". I thought it was Reeves, considering he dropped off the radar, and the Number Suit thread was pulled after one day.
laugh.gif

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadhead
The operative word is tailor, in this case. And David Reeves isn't one. Frank is much closer to being one and his father is one.

Some weeks back some guy from LA posted some nonsense about his company called "Number Suit". I thought it was Reeves, considering he dropped off the radar, and the Number Suit thread was pulled after one day.
laugh.gif

This is more than a little mean-spirited... Though I personally prefer dealing directly with the people who cut and sew my clothes, I certainly don't begrudge David Reeves his business. There are few enough bespoke clothiers these days, and I think anyone halfway decent who is drumming up enthusiasm for the craft should be supported. If he is able to attract a younger demographic with more "mod" styling and affordable prices, so much the better...I'd rather they were making clothes with him than buying overpriced designer RTW.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suresh
It would be impossible to do that here! Besides do you want to limit it to one genre, or do you want country, rock everything? The above-mentioned answerer is just a fraction, plus it leaves out many notorious musicians of the 80's. If you took all genres of the 80's, the list would comprise several volumes!! You can not do that here!!!

cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif
cloud.gif

Threadhead

Reaction score
I don't begrudge anyone either. However, on these boards it is important to make sure the "custom" or "bespoke" terms are attributed to the proper people. I simply clear the nonsense out of the discussion, so people don't get confused.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laugh.gif

I believe he is capable of tailoring but chooses to outsource it.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't begrudge anyone either. However, on these boards it is important to make sure the "custom" or "bespoke" terms are attributed to the proper people. I simply clear the nonsense out of the discussion, so people don't get confused.

There's a note of snobbishness and high-handedness to your posting that I find distasteful... Get off your high horse! I don't know what was so confusing about this particular discussion in the first place. As taxgenius points out, from what I understood from Mr Reeves' earlier posts, he is capable of tailoring although does outsource the work. Also from reading what he posted here and on AAAC I believe he was delivering a fully bespoke product. I don't see how Mr Reeves is so different from "front of house" staff at SR firms or some of the Italian houses (e.g. Rubinacci) where the person discussing your ideas, helping with styling, measuring you, etc. is NOT necessarily the person who cuts and sews your garments.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
. Also from reading what he posted here and on AAAC I believe he was delivering a fully bespoke product.

Depends on your definition of "bespoke", as it was clearly made in a factory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads