• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Xerxes54

Reaction score
What is this?2018-01-02 at 12.21.38 PM.png View attachment 901221
Hey guys, sorry if an idiot question but what is this? Smoke jumper or Semi dress, cuban heel, single or double mid sole? leather?
What say you? Sorry if it's an idiot question. View attachment 901221

TH3515

Reaction score
View attachment 901395 View attachment 901221
Hey guys, sorry if an idiot question but what is this? Smoke jumper or Semi dress, cuban heel, single or double mid sole? leather?
What say you? Sorry if it's an idiot question. View attachment 901221
  • Smokejumper, 6" height, lace-to-toe
  • Not sure about the last, could be #55 (Semi-Dress last).
  • Single midsole, Vibram 700 outsole
  • Standard sole trim (two rows of stitching)
  • Standard (aka curved or "cuban") heel in standard height
  • Rolled top, false tongues
  • The leather looks like some sort of Chromexcel – probably natural CXL (brown CXL usually appears darker on images)

Xerxes54

Reaction score
  • Smokejumper, 6" height, lace-to-toe
  • Not sure about the last, could be #55 (Semi-Dress last).
  • Single midsole, Vibram 700 outsole
  • Standard sole trim (two rows of stitching)
  • Standard (aka curved or "cuban") heel in standard height
  • Rolled top, false tongues
  • The leather looks like some sort of Chromexcel – probably natural CXL (brown CXL usually appears darker on images)
Ahhh, okay, thanks for the build specs, TH3515!

Raminwhites

Reaction score
Hey guys, guess what, my third pair of whites just arrived today. Wow! What can I say, wow, this time I figure the size perfectly, now I know what you guys mean, fits like a glove. It's just so comfortable right out of the box, and I really love the distressed smooth leath, feels rich of oil, thicker yet still supple for my taste, and the vibram 430 feels some how softer than my one year old whites, not quite sure about that, maybe they changed the ingredients a bit, and the leather lace is better than before, not as thick, so now it can fit the speed hook perfectly. I am just so excited, some quick snaps to share.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, guess what, my third pair of whites just arrived today. Wow! What can I say, wow, this time I figure the size perfectly, now I know what you guys mean, fits like a glove. It's just so comfortable right out of the box, and I really love the distressed smooth leath, feels rich of oil, thicker yet still supple for my taste, and the vibram 430 feels some how softer than my one year old whites, not quite sure about that, maybe they changed the ingredients a bit, and the leather lace is better than before, not as thick, so now it can fit the speed hook perfectly. I am just so excited, some quick snaps to share.

View attachment 901636

View attachment 901637

View attachment 901638

Classic.

TH3515

Reaction score

View attachment 901636

View attachment 901637

View attachment 901638
Great leather choice! I love how the distressed smooth looks on your boots – nice contrast with the dressy medallion toe caps!

Raminwhites

Reaction score
And some brief thoughts about the 1/2" lowered block heel.

They do feel comfortable, almost like wearing shoes without heel, your feet feel leveled when you stap on the ground, actually balanced, won't quite notice the low profile heel stack. But I won't do it again, because I am guessing they bit of straggled to get the heel done, you can see from the picture below, there is a curve under the rubber heel, I am guessing they need to soft the rubber before fix it to the leath stack, that I worried may lead to a problem with heel swapping when it weared down, I am not sure local cobbler can do it properly.

image.jpeg

Xerxes54

Reaction score

View attachment 901636

View attachment 901637

View attachment 901638
Raiminwhites - when you say you 'this time I figured out the size perfectly' what was the process? Did you send in tracings and measurements or just adjust sizing based on your experience with your other Whites?

Raminwhites

Reaction score
Raiminwhites - when you say you 'this time I figured out the size perfectly' what was the process? Did you send in tracings and measurements or just adjust sizing based on your experience with your other Whites?
Based on my experience with my other two Whites, which I bought from online dealers. And tons of information on this forum.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobynBroadway