• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a huge difference. But few no what the construction differences are and what it looks like on the inside. This is the key. The whites will not break down through the shank.

View attachment 896782

View attachment 896783

Absolutely. Much better construction. I was thinking mainly in terms of style. Though for casual wear RWs tend to hold up pretty well it seems.

TH3515

Reaction score
Great boot lineup, Legal Eagles!
Always good to see some #38 boots side by side with 55 last builds. I am waiting for my first #38 pair in bullhide which I hope will be heading my way sometime in January...

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a huge difference. But few no what the construction differences are and what it looks like on the inside. This is the key. The whites will not break down through the shank.

View attachment 896782

View attachment 896783

If you want to see what happens to a fashion boot pretending to be a work boot, check this out. The board was pretty hard on the guy, but I submit White's would have held up... the pictures are telling... compare what holds the upper to the lower with even a top of the line Redwing vs Whites... and you will soon realize there really is no comparison...

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashio...my_iron_rangers_are_dead_irreparable_after_2/

Last edited:

sambam

Reaction score
Absolutely. Much better construction. I was thinking mainly in terms of style. Though for casual wear RWs tend to hold up pretty well it seems.
I guess that was more for the general forum. I have figured out that you guys on the Whites forum do know your stuff. That's why you wear Whites. With my new designs I am building as much Whites as I can into them. Thanks for informing the general public on the brand. Much appreciated. MP and chukka.

20170809_140041.jpg

20170809_140104.jpg

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice legal eagles

Trying to keep you guys in business... I do admit I committed adultery in my heart with those Wesco foot patrols...

I am a sucker when it comes to horsehide, and they had burgundy... forgive me sambam, for I have sinned...

sambam

Reaction score
Trying to keep you guys in business... I do admit I committed adultery in my heart with those Wesco foot patrols...

I am a sucker when it comes to horsehide, and they had burgundy... forgive me sambam, for I have sinned...
You are forgived. If its made in the USA I am good with it.

Reaction score
If I were to order Whit's boots from Baker shoes, there isn't an option for the MP service boots w/o toe cap nor the option for a cordovan in black shell. I would like to know what thw options are unless the black shell cordovan sambam posted earlier is a complete custom built boot. Price wise, whats the mark up for the different type of leather? Thanks!

P.S. 1st post here and am considering the MP Service for purchase within the next few months any all help and tips will be very appreciated :)

YTHMNSTRY

Reaction score
If I were to order Whit's boots from Baker shoes, there isn't an option for the MP service boots w/o toe cap nor the option for a cordovan in black shell. I would like to know what thw options are unless the black shell cordovan sambam posted earlier is a complete custom built boot. Price wise, whats the mark up for the different type of leather? Thanks!

P.S. 1st post here and am considering the MP Service for purchase within the next few months any all help and tips will be very appreciated :)
I’d just contact Kyle at Bakers and tell him what you’re looking for. He’ll let you know if it’s possible and give you a price quote.

Shell will always be about 50% more expensive than the other basic leather options.

Reaction score
I’d just contact Kyle at Bakers and tell him what you’re looking for. He’ll let you know if it’s possible and give you a price quote.

Shell will always be about 50% more expensive than the other basic leather options.

I see. Thank you YTH! That makes it a bit easier and straight forward

sambam

Reaction score

Model # MP 365 no toe cap.

20170714_131145.jpg

Last edited:

sambam

Reaction score

MP 365 Black Shell Cordovan. We have 10 colors of leather you can pick on the MP's and two different builds. Plus the 3 cordovans.

20171215_130905.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you sambam for the photos! I saw the black shell a few pages back which is why i enquired about it! Beautiful boots!
Model # MP 365 no toe cap.

View attachment 900261
To my understanding from left to right its brown chromexcel, brown dress and natural waxed flesh is that right?

I saw the photo you posted on page 623 as well, really nice line up! Lemme quote that as well.
Heading to the Footwear News platform show next week in Vegas. Here are the MP samples. Will have chukka pics in a few days.

sambam

Reaction score
Thank you sambam for the photos! I saw the black shell a few pages back which is why i enquired about it! Beautiful boots!

To my understanding from left to right its brown chromexcel, brown dress and natural waxed flesh is that right?

I saw the photo you posted on page 623 as well, really nice line up! Lemme quote that as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads