• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luscombe

Reaction score
This might be the most helpful advice yet. Thanks @Rymanocerous! Seeing all the options in person would be so helpful, so I'm glad to gleam this insight from you. 5050 sounds like the perfect middle ground for me.
The 5050 is currently only available in D width and above. You will need to check. We skinny feet boys have to wait.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5050 is currently only available in D width and above. You will need to check. We skinny feet boys have to wait.
Like I always say, just get the "Bounty Hunters" : )
I am sure it has been said here before that White's is an out-and-out work boot brand, we can only dress those boots up to a certain point, sure, White's has been introducing some 'dressier' versions but the arch support and customizations haven't caught up on those models.

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
I'm an EE guy, so opposite problems here. I feel you pain, relatively speaking haha. But, thankfully, the 5050 comes in EE. Just placed the order this morning.

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me insight and advice. I'll make sure and give some impressions once the long wait is over and the boots are in hand (or rather on foot). I'm in Southern Cali, so these bad boys will show up during the heat of never-ending summer. Not sure I'll be able to get a great feel for them until we get some cool nights.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Like I always say, just get the "Bounty Hunters" : )
I am sure it has been said here before that White's is an out-and-out work boot brand, we can only dress those boots up to a certain point, sure, White's has been introducing some 'dressier' versions but the arch support and customizations haven't caught up on those models.
I love the way my HH MP's fit and look, just no arch support. The arch feels a lot like AE boots. However, the fit is like a glove, way beyond anything I have from AE.
So, to me, the MP on the 5050 last would be a great match. I just need to wait until it comes in a B width.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the way my HH MP's fit and look, just no arch support. The arch feels a lot like AE boots. However, the fit is like a glove, way beyond anything I have from AE.
So, to me, the MP on the 5050 last would be a great match. I just need to wait until it comes in a B width.
I will get my White's boots on Wednesday (according to UPS) but I was wearing AE Rainier boots over the weekend and I did some walking. AE still provides better support than most 'mall' brands. I am sure once I get White's I won't be wearing my AEs anymore lol

Luscombe

Reaction score
I wondered when you were going to receive your boots.
The Bounty Hunters will be far superior to any of your AE's.
However, they will take quite awhile to break each pair in. Think in terms of miles at 3 miles per hour. 100 hours of walking will only get you about 30 miles. I bet it will take about 50 miles or so to get the leather pliable and comfortable.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wondered when you were going to receive your boots.
The Bounty Hunters will be far superior to any of your AE's.
However, they will take quite awhile to break each pair in. Think in terms of miles at 3 miles per hour. 100 hours of walking will only get you about 30 miles. I bet it will take about 50 miles or so to get the leather pliable and comfortable.
I walk at least a mile daily (for exercise) and with two pairs of BHs, it might a while then.

Luscombe

Reaction score
I walk at least a mile daily (for exercise) and with two pairs of BHs, it might a while then.
I have had my MP's for 18 months. They took awhile to get comfortable and were a smidge to tight across the ball of my right foot. I wore them often and took 2-4 mile walks in them regularly. They were comfortable from the beginning but a little stiff.

About 3 months ago they began to feel like they were molded to my feet. No slip, no pressure points, just constant even support all over. The leather is lined horse hide.

That said, the first thing I noticed about them was the intoxicating aroma when I opened the box. I was hooked and committed to wearing them. I'll be interested in your first impressions.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had my MP's for 18 months. They took awhile to get comfortable and were a smidge to tight across the ball of my right foot. I wore them often and took 2-4 mile walks in them regularly. They were comfortable from the beginning but a little stiff.

About 3 months ago they began to feel like they were molded to my feet. No slip, no pressure points, just constant even support all over. The leather is lined horse hide.

That said, the first thing I noticed about them was the intoxicating aroma when I opened the box. I was hooked and committed to wearing them. I'll be interested in your first impressions.
One of the BHs I ordered is Horse hide, I hope to notice the 'fragrance' : ). I just hope everything turns out great.
Ordered one pair with 430 sole and the other with 100 lug sole. I wanted 1/4 inch heel lift on both pairs but Baker's informed me White's "forgot" to put the extra heel lift on 100 soles. I will try and I might not need the heel lift on the lug soles.
BTW the heel lift was recommended for arch support since my weird feet could use all the arch support I could get.

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Exciting weekend - my W&C latigo bounty hunters made it on Friday! These are 7", soft toe, nickel hooks and eyes, block heel, commando sole, no pull loops. Everything about the boots is perfect and the fit is amazing. The latigo leather is much stiffer than some of my recent breakins (brown dress, brown horse, oil tans), especially in the upper and tongue (folding the tongue around my shin to lace the first time almost became a two person job...). It was a shorts weather weekend here in NorCal, so I only wore them around the house for a bit, but will get them out this week. I would have ordered this boot on the 5050 last if it was available in B widths - instead I got the soft toe which appears sleeker than my celastic toe SD's. The red hues on the latigo are amazing, I'm going to do everything I can to avoid darkening these! Cheers.
View attachment 1569913
View attachment 1569914
View attachment 1569915
View attachment 1569916 View attachment 1569913 View attachment 1569914 View attachment 1569915 View attachment 1569916
This post makes me so excited to finally get my Latigo BHs! Just placed my order last week.

redbaron1980

Reaction score
I've had a pair for a few months now, and I really like them. They're like wearing sneakers. I would advise one thing if you get them, and that's to buy a set of blue Superfeet insoles and ditch the Ortholites they come with. The Ortholites don't have much arch support, but the Superfeet do, and the blue version don't take up a lot of space in the boot.

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
I've had a pair for a few months now, and I really like them. They're like wearing sneakers. I would advise one thing if you get them, and that's to buy a set of blue Superfeet insoles and ditch the Ortholites they come with. The Ortholites don't have much arch support, but the Superfeet do, and the blue version don't take up a lot of space in the boot.
That’s exactly what I use in my Red Wing Moc Toes as well. Such high volume boots, it helps add support and comfort, for sure. Been curious if the Perry’s were any different, but this helps answer that.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is very dependent upon the last. White's lasts are roomy. I have SDs, MPs and a pair of shoes. Without doubt, the arch support of the SD is a big bonus. As to AEs, my Daltons are a lot less comfortable for long periods than my Higgins Mill. But the Higgins Mill is a more casual last, like the White's lasts. Similarly, both my Carmina boots (on different lasts) are a dressier last so not as comfortable as White's. But, a very different look. Some times you want a dressier boot. That Higgins Mill boot is a great value. Right now, my favorite boots are my burgundy HH MPs. They just look spectacular. But, I have some BHs in Maryam horsebutt being made that I expect should patina quite nicely.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is very dependent upon the last. White's lasts are roomy. I have SDs, MPs and a pair of shoes. Without doubt, the arch support of the SD is a big bonus. As to AEs, my Daltons are a lot less comfortable for long periods than my Higgins Mill. But the Higgins Mill is a more casual last, like the White's lasts. Similarly, both my Carmina boots (on different lasts) are a dressier last so not as comfortable as White's. But, a very different look. Some times you want a dressier boot. That Higgins Mill boot is a great value. Right now, my favorite boots are my burgundy HH MPs. They just look spectacular. But, I have some BHs in Maryam horsebutt being made that I expect should patina quite nicely.
Great conversation going on here! when I got into Goodyear welted boots I ended up with a bunch of AEs (over ten pairs), three of them Higgins Mill and two pairs of Daltons. Although the prices were very good, $200-$250 range, one HMs was $157 (F2). I love AE brand but I have strange feet that require some serious arch support and I am hoping White's BHs will take care of that.
It also means I have to probably sell my AEs at some point : )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads