• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

klank74

Reaction score
These new/worn photos of Wesco Knuckle Draggers convinced me to stick with brown and black WF -- the olive WF on those turned an odd (to me) shade of bile green where it was worn and scuffed (last three photos).
Hmmmmm, not sure how I feel about the look of those. Sure I could keep after them with VSC, but part of the reason I wanna go with WF is how they look when beat up.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I love the avocado green that olive WF reveals when scuffed, which is the very reason I ordered boots in that leather. I think it can look a bit...unusual...in isolation photos like that, but I think on foot with a pair of jeans or brown pants it'll look cool.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
It’s still Thursday in my hood. Happy Friday to the rest of y’all?
62E4DB80-5C31-4A15-818A-ED6A30DC5E60.jpeg

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes this is the post I was referring to thanks Legal Eagles. I think you've sold me on the elk!

Do you have any pics of what 8 eyes on an SD looks like and does Whites use the same size eyes or are they smaller? 6 eyes on a regular SD are too spaced apart to be dressed up in my opinion but my concern is 8 eyes could be too crowded, especially if they use the same size eyelets (not smaller)? On a 6" bounty hunter there are 9 eyes so 8 eyes on a 5" SD should make sense in theory and give the boot an Alden-like appearance (which sounds perfect for me actually), I just want to see what it looks like otherwise 7 eyes seems like the safer option for me.

here's a side by side shot of standard Whites eyelets vs the eyelets Alden uses. i think whites would have to use smaller eyelets than their usual if they're gonna move them closer.

IMG_4526.jpg

miggyramone

Reaction score
Alden eyelets are so fragile though. I've had nothing but trouble with mine on my Indy's. Makes them annoying to put on.

miggyramone

Reaction score
^the backs of them flair out with sharp edges. Catches the laces every time. I''ve used pliers to reshape them but they always flair out after a while.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I guess I don’t lace mine that tight (narrow feet) so I’m not working them hard enough to screw ‘em up.

Anyway the idea of a 8 eyelet SD, hooh I’m interested.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's a side by side shot of standard Whites eyelets vs the eyelets Alden uses. i think whites would have to use smaller eyelets than their usual if they're gonna move them closer.

View attachment 1510057
The Alden boot looks pretty sturdy even alongside White's! Does Alden have double-row stitching on the welt?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a storm welt, I believe. These Aldens have been good to me and handle pretty much all conditions. Not that I’m bushwhacking in them or anything. And they’re one of my most comfortable boots (crepe sole, sorry legaleagles).

theofficialhung

Reaction score
What do you guys think of a western style 2-tone Baker's Oxford with black roughout heel, black roughout vamp, black wax flesh upper, nickel eyes on black vibram wedge sole? Kind of like a murdered out/blackout version of this:

Screenshot_20201205-195453_Chrome.jpg

gjerde

Reaction score
What do you guys think of a western style 2-tone Baker's Oxford with black roughout heel, black roughout vamp, black wax flesh upper, nickel eyes on black vibram wedge sole? Kind of like a murdered out/blackout version of this:

View attachment 1511076
Something almost like this? I like the look of the oxford with the 2021 vibram sole. I've wanted one build on the C461 last, Red Dog RO, lace to toe, white 2021 vibram sole, but bakers wont do either the last nor the lace to toe pattern for the build.
I really like the chunky look of it, as a everyday shoe-boot with the comfort of the 2021 sole

Attachments

• whites-boots-hathorn-suede-oxford-boots-3.jpg
    whites-boots-hathorn-suede-oxford-boots-3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 96

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads