• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phalanx

Reaction score
I am not an American, but I love PNW boots and I am happy to support American made boots as long as they seem to care for their customers. I had a bad experience with Nicks customer service and I hope they come through with a quality pair of boots.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting but it seems pretty reasonable to experience delays due to Covid-19. The guy even replied to you in the affiliate thread and you're still complaining.

Our lead times are out longer than normal right now, at 8-10 versus 6-8 and a lot of that is because a). we had two weeks of reduced production due to the virus, b). many of our dealers were closed due to the shutdown in California so consumers came directly to us, c). a lot more orders are being fit remotely as our store is closed, which is a lengthier process, and not insignificantly, d). we have been hesitant to ramp up hiring to accommodate the online volume because of uncertainty with what is happening in the economy in a general sense.

If anything, it's commendable that they've reduced production due to the virus.

Guy responded to you with civility and you still come rant about it here

Last edited:

dublinpremium

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you're expecting but it seems pretty reasonable to experience delays due to Covid-19. The guy even replied to you in the affiliate thread and you're still complaining.

If anything, it's commendable that they've reduced production due to the virus.

Guy responded to you with civility and you still come rant about it here
Maybe you didnt read my post carefully hence you seem to be ranting now. I clearly said I was fine with the delay due to covid and priority given to essential workers. What ticked me off is the post about Nicks accepting orders for new falcons for delivery in June, when the same day they wrote to me saying my order was waiting to get into production and would need another 4 weeks. To me it felt like the new falcons took more priority than an individual order placed 2 months back. Only after I ranted did they mail me back saying it would take 2 weeks for my order to be fulfilled. If this isnt an example of bad customer service I dont know what is.

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase White’s Main Street cap toe boots in calfskin in the near future. How’s the fit compared to Alden Barrie and Trubalance? I understand that the MP last should be very similar to Barrie.

I am a brannock 9.5D while wearing cushioned wool socks and take 9D in those two Alden lasts. Instep and volume are on the lower side. Baker’s told me 8.5D. That is likely what I will go with, but I figured I’d get a few more opinions first if anyone has them.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
^Whites recommends going a half size down from your Brannock. I find this to work well for me on their 55 and Modified Barrie lasts.
E0DAACF6-9057-4C7D-977C-08FCD24EDFF9.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase White’s Main Street cap toe boots in calfskin in the near future. How’s the fit compared to Alden Barrie and Trubalance? I understand that the MP last should be very similar to Barrie.

I am a brannock 9.5D while wearing cushioned wool socks and take 9D in those two Alden lasts. Instep and volume are on the lower side. Baker’s told me 8.5D. That is likely what I will go with, but I figured I’d get a few more opinions first if anyone has them.

I wear the same size as I do in Indy boots if that means anything.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kyle mentioned that the White's Barrie last runs a little larger than Alden Barrie. I'll have to trust him on that. I don't doubt that both 8.5 and 9 would probably fit, but more snug is nice if it's not too tight for my pinky toes.

Also going to take another look at the custom options with the MP cap toes before I go for the Main Street.

Sledge42

Reaction score
Kyle mentioned that the White's Barrie last runs a little larger than Alden Barrie. I'll have to trust him on that. I don't doubt that both 8.5 and 9 would probably fit, but more snug is nice if it's not too tight for my pinky toes.

Also going to take another look at the custom options with the MP cap toes before I go for the Main Street.

I would take the time to send in a tracing to Kyle. He got mine, I had a call with him, I told him what I wore in other brands. He nailed it. Now whenever I have the itch, I order what I want in my dialed in size.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who gets squeaking on their insoles? I'm thinking it's sweaty feet and just needs some baby powder. Thoughts?

chicken1616

Reaction score
The real issue on sizing is this. Yes, you can just try to get it close on whatever you wear in other shoes. But you are paying a lot of money, and part of that $$ is sizing that is really correct to your foot, not just a generic size. Take advantage of Kyle's expertise and get what you are paying for.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who gets squeaking on their insoles? I'm thinking it's sweaty feet and just needs some baby powder. Thoughts?
This has been a common issue in the past with White’s. I think it’s the boots not your feet. I’m not sure if anyone has identified the specific cause, but I imagine it has to do with the layers of leather and rubber. Others may remember more about what has been done to try to address it. I think White’s has even rebuilt some that are egregious squeakers. My BHs squeak a bit, but I quickly got used to it and don’t mind.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has been a common issue in the past with White’s. I think it’s the boots not your feet. I’m not sure if anyone has identified the specific cause, but I imagine it has to do with the layers of leather and rubber. Others may remember more about what has been done to try to address it. I think White’s has even rebuilt some that are egregious squeakers. My BHs squeak a bit, but I quickly got used to it and don’t mind.
I believe your referring to shank/midsole squeaks which was a thing for them a few years ago. This isn't that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads