• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

discomute

Reaction score
I have this issue with my Main Streets, and it became less over time. I think because as they were worn in, I could do them tighter.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone uses tinted VSC as opposed to just the neutral version (which is all I’ve ever used). Would black VSC effectively restore scuffed/faded black WF better than neutral, for example, like black shoe polish on scuffed black CXL?

I pretty much have all the Saphir colors--both leather and cordovan versions for this reason. The Reno gets the most use for sure but I use the colored ones when necessary.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are the standard height for BHs (6" I think?) I was really tempted to go higher, but realized nobody would ever see it and it would just be a waste of leather.

I went with the lowered heel solely for looks. I'm not really a fan of how the boots look with the standard height or higher heel, and since I'm not a logger I couldn't think of a reason why I'd need the taller heel. I don't notice that much difference in the arch support either, with the lower heel

Got it. Most OTR lifestyle boots are 6" so I take the couple extra inches when I can get it. I also ride a motorcycle and although I know these are not Moto boots, I can get away with commuting to work with them and the extra ankle protection gives me some peace of mind.

I'm not a logger either but I have found that the standard heel aligned with the natural heel strike/pivot as if you were barefoot. I did not realize this was the case until I ordered some old BH and I was sold on the concept. Besides, I have so many other boots with "regular" heels. I am curious about the visual and physical difference of that 1/4 inch though.

Last edited:

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That logger/Cuban heel curve is sexy af. And it makes for wonderful arch support and heel strike comfort. I’m getting extra heel stack added to my BHs when the time comes for a resole.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I pretty much have all the Saphir colors--both leather and cordovan versions for this reason. The Reno gets the most use for sure but I use the colored ones when necessary.
Do you find your Saphir creams to dry out and become brittle over time? I'd like to invest more into shoe care products like pigmented creams, but I know I won't use them often. I had some Kiwi and Bickmore creams/wax dry out.

discomute

Reaction score
Got it. Most OTR lifestyle boots are 6" so I take the couple.extra inches when I can get it. I also ride a motorcycle and although I know these are not Moto boots, I can get away with commuting to work with them and the extra angle protection gives me some peace of mind.

I'm not a logger either but I have fount that the standard heel aligned with the natural heel strike/pivot as if you were barefoot. I did not realize this was the case until I ordered some old BH and I was sold on the concept. Besides, I have so many other boots with "regular" heels. I am curious about the visual and physical difference of that 1/4 inch though.

My BH's (brown smooth/Oiltan) are 7". Having only a 5" MS I wasn't ready to hit 8. But I have to say that 7 are fantastic. I know it's often considered an in-between size without much use. But in my opinion they give quite a bit of ankle support compared to the 5 and they don't look like they are going all the way up my leg. I'd highly recommend 7" as a size, but I know I'm in a minority.

Sledge42

Reaction score
Couldn’t let the Bakers 15% off sale pass me by. Got some Bounty Hunters in Red Dog.
My Boot Brotha from anotha motha! I bought a pair that are my replacement work boots in Red Dog Smooth, Vibram 100 F+I sole.
Went both ends of the spectrum on my order. Pair of Work Boots and a Pair of Brown HH BH's with Medallion Toe.

TH3515

Reaction score
New HH Bounty's showed up this morning. We're under a flood watch so these won't be going outside for a couple days, but they sure look nice with PJs

I think I posted specs when I ordered but the upshot is
No celastic toe
Single row stitching on the sole
-1/4" heel stack
Vibram 430
Combo width (C heel, D toe)

Beautiful pair.
What's your first fit impression of the combo width, possibly (if you own one) compared to a standard single width build? I am considering this option for a future pair and wondering where exactly the transition from C to D happens.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you find your Saphir creams to dry out and become brittle over time? I'd like to invest more into shoe care products like pigmented creams, but I know I won't use them often. I had some Kiwi and Bickmore creams/wax dry out.

I have had their polishes crack but not beyond use. I have not seen their creams dry out. If one did get dry, I would probably mix some Reno into it.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a wax or polish dry out and crack, try heating it on your stove (gently) until it melts, then remove from the heat and let it reharden... sometimes that is enough... if it still cracks, repeat the above, but while it is in liquid state add about 5 drops of real turpentine to the melted wax, and repeat until it solidifies to the consistency you like... it is the solvent not the wax that evaporates, and turpentine restores it...

I take no responsibility if you burn your house down doing this... use common sense around solvents and heat.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I can’t speak from experience, but it does seem to me that regular brushing of WF might bring up the nap much more quickly than otherwise — sort of defeating the purpose of the waxed part of waxed flesh.

I have what I call the pit bull test of my leathers. I walk my two large, excited pitbulls and see what the damage is from their nails. Cordovan they can't scratch. CXL or oiled leather gets all kinds of marks. WF has not been scratched so far so it is pretty darn rugged.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads