• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! As much as I appreciated the practicality of leather boot laces, for something I'm trying to wear in a more formal setting - I'm not sure leather laces are dressy enough.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Greatlaces look good but sadly no EU distribution that I can find (and I don't fancy paying $16 for the shipping of a pair of shoelaces).

Anyone with recommendations on something similar, available in our neck of the woods?

RickyTylerson

Reaction score
I swear by the waxed flat laces from Alden. They'll send you a pair if you call the madison ave store in NYC or probably any other alden retailer. Just say you want the waxed laces for the fancy indy boot

rustygold

Reaction score
I know the topic of laces has come up a few times here. I am looking for some burgundy boot laces for a CXL8 SD boot. Recommendations welcome!
Red Wing heritage on line, leather Laces 80" burgundy color.

Last edited:

Neognosis

Reaction score
Retro oxfords in the rain, British tan.

Great article on distressed items, agree completely!

77B03399-4893-418E-9125-DC3B759E6DF7.jpeg

gte872h

Reaction score
Red Wing laces are absolute trash. Do not buy.

I guess I’ll be finding that out firsthand. I normally just use rawhide laces that White’s, Wesco, and Viberg carry, but with my new British Tan boots I wanted a tan color to match. I had a hard time finding tan laces long enough for 10 in boots, but someone on the Iron Heart forum recommended Red Wing laces since they come in 80 in length. When the laces were delivered, they were dry as a bone and I had to wax them. So far so good after the waxing though but it’s only been a couple of weeks so far.

b1lf

Reaction score
I guess I’ll be finding that out firsthand. I normally just use rawhide laces that White’s, Wesco, and Viberg carry, but with my new British Tan boots I wanted a tan color to match. I had a hard time finding tan laces long enough for 10 in boots, but someone on the Iron Heart forum recommended Red Wing laces since they come in 80 in length. When the laces were delivered, they were dry as a bone and I had to wax them. So far so good after the waxing though but it’s only been a couple of weeks so far.

Mine arrived like pieces of cardboard and no matter how much conditioner / wax I applied - they just emanate garbage. Will never purchase again.

gte872h

Reaction score
Mine arrived like pieces of cardboard and no matter how much conditioner / wax I applied - they just emanate garbage. Will never purchase again.

That’s too bad. I was surprised how dry the were when I first got them but the beeswax I used seemed to help a lot. Another surprise was that they were pretty thick too.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Funny. I was putting on my new boots yesterday, and I noticed something. I ordered them with a rolled top, but they're a regular cut top. I've been wearing them for over a month already. How the hell did I not notice this until now? I guess I was so happy with the overall look that I just didn't see it.

gp4a296.jpg

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
@sambam

was there anything else to come out of the october collaboration with Bakers besides the HH Bounty Hunters?
I was thinking some additional leather options were going to be announced, etc?

Frizzleburger

Reaction score
Funny. I was putting on my new boots yesterday, and I noticed something. I ordered them with a rolled top, but they're a regular cut top. I've been wearing them for over a month already. How the hell did I not notice this until now? I guess I was so happy with the overall look that I just didn't see it.

gp4a296.jpg
What leather is that? Nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics