• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andy b.

Reaction score
If you like them, they are a good buy. That seller is the official White's eBay outlet, not just some guy selling White's.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what leather it is in the picture below? Love the color and how it has aged. I was initially looking to get a pair in of SDs in brown chromexcel, however I intend to wear these to work with chinos and a button down and would prefer something that creases a little less and can take a little shine.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anybody know what leather it is in the picture below? Love the color and how it has aged. I was initially looking to get a pair in of SDs in brown chromexcel, however I intend to wear these to work with chinos and a button down and would prefer something that creases a little less and can take a little shine.
Almost looks like a dark or treated British Tan

cathpah

Reaction score
I got my notice from Baker's on Friday, four weeks to the day after I placed the order, that my 6" brown bison bounty hunters were on the way. I'm not too far away, so they came in today. A handful of shots below.

Baker's nailed it on the widths -- B on the left and D on the right. This is the best fit I've ever had on my left foot.

Any chance we can get some updated photos of these, Rev? They're mighty beautiful out of the box, so I'd love to see them after a few months of wear.

revrend

Reaction score
I'll try to get the camera out to get some less awful photos, but the two below are from a couple weeks ago.

I wear them 1-2 times per week. The most significant signs of wear are creases here and there that blend really nicely with the texture of the leather and smoothing/burnishing over the celastic toe. Scratches and nicks show up fairly high contrast at first, but they blend in after conditioning and brushing.

I seem to recall hearing that the commando mini lug half sole is being removed as an option. I love the look of it, but it's my least favorite thing about the build I did. It's worn very quickly.

univibe88

Reaction score

Love these horse hides!

Indeed! The HH is beautiful.

I just ordered some Nomads and wish that White's would make them in HH, but they won't :(

So here's the build:
Black CXL, brown trim, standard heel, 1/4" lift, double midsole, composition half sole, soft toe, close trim. This is my first order that I phoned in (instead of ordering online) because the website doesn't allow soft toe.

Kyle is a real pleasure to chat with on the phone. He said White's running about 6 weeks out right now and Nomads typically take a week or so longer. Hopefully I'll have them by end of April.

Last edited:

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still debating between the HH or the Dress Leather for a pair of SD in the standard last. Is HH worth the $80 or so premium over Dress leather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads