1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

Thanks 4Char

Personally, I don't care who owns the manufacturing. I care just a little where they are made. I care about the quality a lot.

Who thinks it's a good idea to get orders in now in case they do a Red Wing and start cutting costs in small places?

2. meso

meso Senior member

Not that I'm surprised, but this post doesn't make any sense after your previous one.

1 person likes this.
  3. meso

meso Senior member

Very cool. Hadn't really thought about mid-cut boots. Main issue is been burned a few times on sizing ordering from Japan and am a little gun shy.

4. meso

meso Senior member

5. NNNN

NNNN Well-Known Member

Oh, well in that case I guess we're talking about two different things...

I am wondering which last White's uses for these puppies:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I dion't know meso, if you dropped one of your 310s on these by accident they might be crushed to death...

1 person likes this.
  7. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

So here are my new Bounty Hunters: black chromexcel w/ navy chromexcel tongue, nickel hardware, 1/4" lowered block heal, close trim.

I tried to capture the navy tongue but the lighting isn't great. Needless to say, the contrast is subtle.

They are a bit roomier than my SD, but I think with some insoles, they will be a perfect fit. Probably won't get much wear out of them until it starts to cool down, but I think they are beautiful boots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

Looks nice bro, congrats!

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I fully understand why you are leery about the sale but why not give it some time before jumping to a conclusion. I know plenty of well respected US manufacturers who are owned by overseas companies and still retain full control and manufacturing. Access to additional capital and resources could be a great thing for White's. I get being unsure of the direction but I don't get automatically assuming its for the worst.

10. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

I emailed Kyle @ Bakers yesterday about something else and mentioned the sale, he relayed to me that White's and Lacrosse have assured Bakers that nothing will change and that the sale was more related to the owner of White's being older and wanting to retire.

11. 4characters

4characters Senior member

To be clear, White’s boots are my favorite boots in the world. I love the quality standards, the fit, comfort, styling, durability, etc. I’m absolutely in love with all my White’s boots. I’m not sure about jumping ship yet… Merely exploring my options as who knows what will happen…

Bingham-- Handsome boots sir! The shape of the toe is very sleek looking are they soft toe?

12. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

Yep- soft toe. My SD's have the celastic toe and wanted something a little sleeker this time around.

1 person likes this.
  13. 4characters

14. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

15. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

I find that with steel toed boots, I have to get the size PERFECT, otherwise the knuckle of my big toe rubs the steel toe.

Would you think this would be the same with a single celastic toe, or is the celastic forgiving enough for it to not be as critical?

Is the toe structure on wolverine 1K miles similar to white's single celastic?

1 person likes this.
  16. LIMBERLION

LIMBERLION Well-Known Member

I ordered my boots 2weeks and 2 days ago and they are already completed

1 person likes this.
  17. westie187

westie187 Senior member

2 people like this.
  18. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Is anyone else sick and tired of White's rushing through orders and getting boots out in two or three weeks? How am I suppose to break in my last pair, if you keep sending me the next one so fast? But seriously. . .this is the latest: Natural CXL, with Navy CXL accent, dress cap toe, curved heel. Leather is thick, yet fairly soft, and the quality is top notch as usual. Can't believe it was only about 21 days from order till delivery, just wish other companies could learn how to do that.

Going to make this my "beater" pair, and throw everything I can at them. Although I have a feeling I will break before they do.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. westie187

westie187 Senior member

That's a great combo. Awesome boots!

20. 4characters

phantomx48--- That’s a tasty pair of boots! [​IMG] Can’t wait to see how they age…

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014