Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom vitamins?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Stu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

Was wondering if anyone has ever done this. You take a piss test and they prepare a vitamin supplement specifically for your needs based on urine analysis.

http://www.hothealthminute.com/

2. blackjack

blackjack Senior member

I'm sorry but it sounds like a completely unnecessary and very expensive way of purchasing vitamins. I don't think there is anything that a good multi-vitamin and mineral tablet like Centrum could not cover. If you suspect you may have a vitamin or specific dietary deficiency, it'll make more sense to have a physician do a blood test and check you out.

3. Stu

Stu Senior member

I'm sorry but it sounds like a completely unnecessary and very expensive way of purchasing vitamins. I don't think there is anything that a good multi-vitamin and mineral tablet like Centrum could not cover. If you suspect you may have a vitamin or specific dietary deficiency, it'll make more sense to have a physician do a blood test and check you out.

I kind of suspected that. Hell of a marketing pitch though.

4. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Centrum's pretty bad... get something from GNC or something liek that, even if you're not training a lot.

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah, Centrum isn't great at all. All my life I never believed in vitamins b/c I was taking Centrum, it did nothing but make my piss yellow once or twice. Then I broke down and got the GNC Mega Men a few weeks ago, difference was night and day. I actually FEEL better now. I'm not a new man or anything, but any little bit helps, heh. And, the time release really does work on them, because my urine is bright yellow throughout the day.

6. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Yeah, Centrum isn't great at all. All my life I never believed in vitamins b/c I was taking Centrum, it did nothing but make my piss yellow once or twice. Then I broke down and got the GNC Mega Men a few weeks ago, difference was night and day. I actually FEEL better now. I'm not a new man or anything, but any little bit helps, heh. And, the time release really does work on them, because my urine is bright yellow throughout the day.

Funny enough, I use the gold version of that since I train at least 5 times a week. I know what you mean... I started feeling much better. Granted I piss neon yellow no matter how much water I drink, and the pills are massive (and smell like plants), but they're great in my opinion.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

I let the GNC guy talk me into spending an extra 5 bucks or whatever on the "Sport" vitamins, but I'm sure there isn't much of a difference between them and the regular Mega Men. The "proprietary sports blend" isn't much extra at all in what you're getting compared to the price premium.

I don't mind the size of the pills, because the Schiffs Calcium Magnesiums I take are actually bigger than those.