• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Current opinions on Dege/Whittaker bespoke shirts

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Did you ask for the difference in stiches per inch or is it just my inept observation? The placket, collar and other seams seem to have a different spi count. I like the subtle touch regardless.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
764677553_To7Uj-XL.jpg

764677561_bvfo8-XL.jpg

In Acorn Grange.

- B

Nice~!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
764677561_bvfo8-XL.jpg

Interesting. The inside collar construction looks different than what I'm used to:

1. The two sewn lines. What are they for?

2. The edge where the collar folds appears to be two pieces of cloth sewn together rather than the more common single piece folded over.

That is also a pretty tall collar!

--Andre

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Let's see it on!

I just got it this morning...and I want to have it laundered first before wearing it.

I seen photographs of your shirt hanging prowess...shall I send it down to the UWS for drying on your curtain rod?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Interesting. The inside collar construction looks different than what I'm used to:

1. The two sewn lines. What are they for?

2. The edge where the collar folds appears to be two pieces of cloth sewn together rather than the more common single piece folded over.

That is also a pretty tall collar!

--Andre

1. ?

2. ??

Collar height: yes, I asked for a taller collar...I have pretty much every collar in my menagerie of RTW, and the ones that I like the most are the taller ones.

- B

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting your first custom shirt. Maybe after this you can look into getting some custom made suits, sport coats, and pants. I can assure you that once you go down the custom path it can become quite addictive. You should stick around this forum, where you will pick-up a lot of knowledge from Senior Members on which custom tailors will serve your needs best.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Congratulations on getting your first custom shirt. Maybe after this you can look into getting some custom made suits, sport coats, and pants. I can assure you that once you go down the custom path it can become quite addictive. You should stick around this forum, where you will pick-up a lot of knowledge from Senior Members on which custom tailors will serve your needs best.

Originally Posted by Hehlol
It's rich watching a bunch of people who try so hard to be 'classy adults' on the Internet act exactly the way children would when criticized. A new poster said something about the community being tasteless and now the community's actions have basically proven him correct. It's amazing how you guys do it and still believe yourselves so refined.

Styleforum is a great place to come to learn about brands and quality and options, but it isn't a place to come about actual style. Use the forum for what you can, for some people it's posting in threads about all the new stuff they bought on credit, for others, it's reading about what others bought, learning about these items and investigating based on their own taste.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got it this morning...and I want to have it laundered first before wearing it.

I seen photographs of your shirt hanging prowess...shall I send it down to the UWS for drying on your curtain rod?

Just to be clear: you want to hang your shirt on my rod?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vox, I admire your choice of buttons, they look pristine but arent the extremely tall ones found on Italian shirts.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Vox, I admire your choice of buttons, they look pristine but arent the extremely tall ones found on Italian shirts.

I didn't choose them, Whittaker did. They are about the nicest MoP buttons that have I seen.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads