• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross post from SW&D-- very disappointed with Hickey...

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
This post is a slight edit of an email I actually sent to Hickey Freeman.

I have been a huge fan of the "hickey" product line for a while now and so I was very excited
to order a hickey shirt from the storefront on Amazon.com in order to test the waters for further purchases. I placed an order for a hickey freeman dress shirt as well as a Hickey Black plaid shirt:
http://www.amazon.com/Hickey-royal-d...ref=pd_ys_iyr1

I generally wear an XL with plenty of extra room. I enjoy a fitted cut to my shirts, but when I tried on my new Hickey shirt this morning I was extremely disappointed. The arms of the shirt are cut extremely tight. I cannot imagine how any man who has ever lifted a weight or played sports could fit into a shirt like this without feeling like he was the filling in a sausage. Though the shirt "fit" my body I also noticed an unpleasant pulling that appeared around the buttons on my chest. I can only say that this was a very disappointing experience.

I have been a huge fan of the design of the Hickey Style line of clothes and I have no problem with any of my Hickey Freeman clothes, but I now feel very very hesitant to order another shirt or any other items (I was considering ordering a sport coat as well). My only way of reconciling this experience is to say that your designers have gone completely overboard with a trend towards "slim fitted" items in the vein of Thom Browne. The sad thing is that although the fabric and design details of your clothes are very appealing, sadly the dimensions are apparently made for a man I can only imagine to have arms like twigs. I am not sure what I would suggest to remedy this situation, but I think the future I would consider I more realistic design to the arms and chest at the very least.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
This post is a slight edit of an email I actually sent to Hickey Freeman ...
Did you seal it with tears? lefty

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. It's just a shirt bro. Perhaps Hickey has different styles of shirts and not all of them fit as tight as this one? Maybe you need to size one up even more if you're athletically built? True is for some clothing from Diesel and G-Star. That's life. Don't be sad. At least now you know. Can you not return it?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would yopu want that shirt in a first place? To wear it under fleece jacket?
devil.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lumberjack shirts are for lumbering jacks. Not skinny hipsters. You want a lumberjack shirt, go to K-Mart and buy the real thing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, in short, the shirt was not your size ?

jsherman02

Reaction score
hickey is their version of Thom Browne.....very, very trim

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried rochester big and tall?

Lysol

Reaction score
Are you going to post this in every forum until you get the approval that you're so desperately looking for?

free man

Reaction score
I'd complain more about those stupid embroidered pot leaves than anything else

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
I'd complain more about those stupid embroidered pot leaves than anything else

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads