• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
Hold on, just heard from Lauren again. This is from her about my intention to withdraw from the GMTO:

Quote:
I was the one with split-sizing. So,

WHISKEY PTBS ARE A GO!!
smile.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Sorry to sit this one out -- was a great experience working with @ErikW and all you other wonderful folk. Hopefully will get in on a different run soon.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,

Just got a note from Lauren today saying that the whiskey PTB was confirmed by the factory. However, I will unfortunately need to withdraw from this group, so my spot is up for grabs. Sorry to everyone else in the group for holding this back.

I was charged when the GBP was at a real low point and I'm happy to pass those savings on (about $20 wrt current rates, so not that much). I can ask Lauren to keep my payment details but send the shoes to whoever takes my spot. If you're interested send me a PM.

This really is the last chance to get in on this as the order is ready to hit the factory.

Thanks!

What's the price?

tunadubby

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So it appears that I filled that last spot separately with Lauren.

What a coincidence! Glad to be in the group. Can't wait to get these whiskey PTBs

Special thanks to those that PMed me in private to pass along Lauren's contact

ennui

Reaction score

Received an email from Lauren, the Brown Shell Marlow is being written up and sent to the factory. All the participants should receive an email once it is sent off to the factory.

This finally got sent to the factory according to an e-mail I received from Lauren last night. I'm surprised it took this long but evidently we just couldn't line up 12 paid folks. We need a better way of conducting GMTOs in the future IMO, that requires some monetary non-refundable commitment to hold a spot. Otherwise, this kind of thing happens far too often.

mdubya

Reaction score
I don't think the issue was not having 12 paid. She told me we had all 12 paid up almost a month ago and since then it was various delays such as the factoy director taking a week to get back to her about the order, then they wanted confirmation of the specs again and sent me a photo to confirm. Then it was another week until I followed up again and I think she had forgot about it until now.

That being said, yes, there should be a more efficient way to do these as I really kept on top of things with both the members and with Lauren and it still took a while.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard from Pernillla this morning regarding the whiskey Galway 2 order. We have 10/12 paid as of today. The factory will be on break from Tomorrow until Jan 3rd. If we can get all payments in before then we can have it confirmed as soon as the factory reopens!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As someone with a pair of custom, single order MTOs presumably still making its way through the factory and getting close to being done, that's heartbreaking. Will add an extra 3 weeks on to production at least.

An almost 40% increase in lead time does suck but I guess it's still better than a GMTO. We thought the wallows would be in by year end but that is now Feb. Regardless, Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news. What did you order? Unless you prefer to leave us in suspense :)

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An almost 40% increase in lead time does suck but I guess it's still better than a GMTO. We thought the wallows would be in by year end but that is now Feb. Regardless, Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news. What did you order? Unless you prefer to leave us in suspense :)

It's my whiskey shell radnors with faux cap stitching. And they're at roughly the 11-12 week mark at this point, quoted 8-10 weeks from the point of order. But at like the 4 week mark they asked me some questions, so not sure if that 4 week delay was included in the 8-10 estimate, or means that 8-10 started from that point. Just wanted them for going away for the holidays, as a good rugged all-weather boot.

Last edited:

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's my whiskey shell radnors with faux cap stitching. And they're at roughly the 11-12 week mark at this point, quoted 8-10 weeks from the point of order. But at like the 4 week mark they asked me some questions, so not sure if that 4 week delay was included in the 8-10 estimate, or means that 8-10 started from that point. Just wanted them for going away for the holidays, as a good rugged all-weather boot.

Ah I remember you posting that a while back. It sounds great. I hope you get an email soon given the time you've already waited. Good luck!

Aymeric

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Is there by chance any MTO program with a slot left for some cordovan model ?

If not I will wait for the next one !
Have a nice day

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score

As someone with a pair of custom, single order MTOs presumably still making its way through the factory and getting close to being done, that's heartbreaking. Will add an extra 3 weeks on to production at least.

Damn! Same thing here with my Navy dundees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads