• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

another off the wall idea - a couple of us pitch in extra for the 12th pair then donate it for the styleforum holiday auction. not even sure how this would work just trying to think of ways to expedite the dundee order.

That is an excellent idea.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I would actually recommend is that you just all pitch in to buy an extra pair of boots in one of the most common sizes and have @hoit1981 sell them on the Bay or B&S and then redistribute the funds after the fact.

The reason I say that is I know CJ's strict policy of 12 pair minimum is inflexible...

Last edited:

ino68

Reaction score
So tempted, but 325 last is just too short and wide for my foot :(

Conistons only work with fat hiking socks

Mutombo

Reaction score

What is the difference between Skye and Lindrick? Just the brogueing on the shaft?

The broguing on the shaft of the Lindrick is different. The Skye has a brogued heal cup instead. The Lindrick has all eyelets, while the Skye has blind eyelets plus speedhooks. Also, the Lindrick is on a leather sole while the Skye 2 is on dainite.

If I'm not mistaken, the lasts are different. Skye is 335. Lindrick is 325.

Which bring me to a question. Does anyone own boots on both 335 and 325? Is there any difference in the width of the boot between lasts?

I have pairs on both lasts. While I wear the same size in both, I find the 335 last to be a touch wider in the forefoot.

Last edited:

kennyg75

Reaction score
Whiskey Harlech GMTO

INSTRUCTIONS: Quote this post. Cut your name from the unconfirmed list and paste it to the confirmed list. If you're no longer interested, remove your name from the unconfirmed list and carry-on.

UNCONFIRMED:

@litos
@dkotek
@Falu_al
DROPPED!
@kennyg75

CONFIRMED

@MrVenneri
@kczsilence
@HerrMunich
@ennui
@gokingsgo
@KennyTam
@monkeydoodle
UNCONFIRMED:

@litos
@dkotek
@Falu_al
DROPPED!

CONFIRMED

@MrVenneri
@kczsilence
@HerrMunich
@ennui
@gokingsgo
@KennyTam
@monkeydoodle
@kennyg75

I went to the Mojave. I'm still into the Whiskeys. Are we looking at a June-July time frame now, @MrVenneri ?

Last edited:

BurntPockets

Reaction score

I'm interested but would ideally prefer speed hooks. Additionally, I really like the grooves/markings that run from the stitching to the edge of the storm welt on the RL Lindrick. I have it on my leather soled Skyes, but not sure if it can be replicated with Danite soles. Anyone know?

C&J got back to me saying that wheeling is only possible on leather soles, even dainite with leather mid-sole would not work. See explanation below:

"Unfortunately we are unable to do this if the soles has the leather through.

It has to do with where the stitching is placed. With a leather sole the stitching is very close to the shoe and wheeling is possible.

With a rubber sole the stitching is not as close to the shoe and is more visible hence why wheeling is not possible."

Last edited:

Dale1

Reaction score

[COLOR=FF0000]UNCONFIRMED:[/COLOR]

@litos @dkotek @Falu_al DROPPED!
[COLOR=008000]CONFIRMED[/COLOR]

@MrVenneri @kczsilence @HerrMunich @ennui @gokingsgo @KennyTam @monkeydoodle @Dale1 @kennyg75 I went to the Mojave. I'm still into the Whiskeys. Are we looking at a June-July time frame now, @MrVenneri ?

kczsilence

Reaction score

[COLOR=FF0000]UNCONFIRMED:[/COLOR]

@litos @dkotek @Falu_al DROPPED!
[COLOR=008000]CONFIRMED[/COLOR]

@MrVenneri @kczsilence @HerrMunich @ennui @gokingsgo @KennyTam @monkeydoodle @kennyg75 I went to the Mojave. I'm still into the Whiskeys. Are we looking at a June-July time frame now, @MrVenneri ?
Considering we need to get 1 more, order sent to factory will probably be in May or June. Add 4 months and I assume a September or October delivery.. Unless we get our 12th and those other people confirm, the sooner the better. Plus watchman1 made a good point. Every day we don't get the orders charged, they become more expensive because the GBP is going up again vs the dollar. Cmon guys!

monkeydoodle

Reaction score

Considering we need to get 1 more, order sent to factory will probably be in May or June. Add 4 months and I assume a September or October delivery.. Unless we get our 12th and those other people confirm, the sooner the better.

Plus watchman1 made a good point. Every day we don't get the orders charged, they become more expensive because the GBP is going up again vs the dollar.

Cmon guys!

Regarding the Whisky Harlech, I may have a friend who's interested as well - he's not on SF though. I can confirm with him this week so that could potentially add 1 more. Maybe we should look into messaging those people who haven't confirmed yet.

BurntPockets

Reaction score
Lindrick GMTO update

Making some decent progress. Updated list with eyelet preferences and added a list for the maybes

Lindrick GMTO list (need 12):
  • BurntPockets (8 Eyelets)
  • gokingsgo (Majority)
  • stevefok (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)
  • pfeufferam (8 Eyelets)
  • wilber_force (8 Eyelets, reddit goodyearwelt)
  • HerrMunich (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)
  • mattnashbrowns (reddit GYW)

Maybe:
  • Blutarsky86 (reddit goodyearwelt)
  • Jalhur (reddit goodyearwelt)
  • stevel91 (reddit goodyearwelt)
  • Gem-bean (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)

Style: Lindrick
Last: 325
Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan
Width: UK E (US D)
Welt: Storm
Edging: Antique
Sole: Dainite Sole in Dark Brown with a thin leather mid-sole
Eyelets:
Dark Brown Metal Eyelets or 4 Eyelets/4 Speedhooks (majority decides)

£700 (£583 excluding VAT, ~$828 USD) per pair + shipping charges (£30 US Shipping)

Original Post

Last edited:

evereds

Reaction score
Hello there mates. Grateful if I can be added to the Lindrick crew. Prefer 4 eyelets 4 speed hooks as well.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lindrick GMTO update

Making some decent progress. Updated list with eyelet preferences and added a list for the maybes

• gokingsgo (Majority)
  • pfeufferam (8 Eyelets)
  • mattnashbrowns (reddit GYW)

Maybe:

Eyelets:

£700 (£583 excluding VAT, ~$828 USD) per pair + shipping charges (£30 US Shipping)

Original Post

I am interested in 4 eyelets & 4 speed hooks. Is Dainite a must on these? I would prefer a double leather sole if possible.

DL-

BurntPockets

Reaction score
Hello there mates. Grateful if I can be added to the Lindrick crew. Prefer 4 eyelets 4 speed hooks as well.

I am interested in 4 eyelets & 4 speed hooks. Is Dainite a must on these? I would prefer a double leather sole if possible.

DL-

You guys have been added, welcome to the crew! 2 more to go. I am fairly firm on Dainite, from my experience I cannot justify leather soles in NYC.

• gokingsgo (Majority)
  • pfeufferam (8 Eyelets)
  • mattnashbrowns (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)
  • evereds (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)
  • DavidLane (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)
  • Attacca (4 Eyelets 4 Speed Hooks)

Maybe:

Eyelets:

£700 (£583 excluding VAT, ~$844 USD @ 1.45 GBP/USD) per pair + shipping charges (£30 US Shipping)

Original Post
Reddit Post

Last edited:

BurntPockets

Reaction score
What are your guys' thoughts on the Camberley Double Monk Boot? If we still have that navy cordovan shell availability, I think that would look pretty sweet (and if possible, maybe even propose to remove the cap toe).

If it is good enough for James Bond...

Navy Shell by C&J

Last edited:

kczsilence

Reaction score

What are your guys' thoughts on the Camberley Double Monk Boot? If we still have that navy cordovan shell availability, I think that would look pretty sweet (and if possible, maybe even propose to remove the cap toe). If it is good enough for James Bond... Navy Shell by C&J
That sounds and would look lovely in Navy shell!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads