• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to mention that you can only have them in slots of 12, so you'll have to have either 12 or 24 participants. But great work on the Lindricks, mine arrived last Friday and they are freaking awesome :slayer:

BurntPockets

Reaction score
Just want to mention that you can only have them in slots of 12, so you'll have to have either 12 or 24 participants. But great work on the Lindricks, mine arrived last Friday and they are freaking awesome
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thanks for the heads up, I will update. The previous batch came out great; all the unboxing photos from your batch really helped this GMTO gain momentum
fing02[1].gif

kczsilence

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up, I will update. The previous batch came out great; all the unboxing photos from your batch really helped this GMTO gain momentum 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Seriously, congrats on reaching your target so fast. Was hoping it would end otherwise I was contemplating jumping ship. As it stands, these GMTOs come and go, gain and lose steam quite frequently.

I'm not even the organizer and I'm stressed because we hit 12 and then lose contact on backers. Not sure how it works on people who do not reply after a given amount of time.

Harlech has 3 we're still waiting on with 2 potential other backers but not sure what to do.

NewStart

Reaction score
Seriously, congrats on reaching your target so fast. Was hoping it would end otherwise I was contemplating jumping ship. As it stands, these GMTOs come and go, gain and lose steam quite frequently.

I'm not even the organizer and I'm stressed because we hit 12 and then lose contact on backers. Not sure how it works on people who do not reply after a given amount of time.

Harlech has 3 we're still waiting on with 2 potential other backers but not sure what to do.

Take whatever you have and move on man, my past experience is that the longer you wait, the more people will drop.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggestive multiple PMs with hard deadlines to make a decision. Inconsiderate unresponsive participants make me not want to organize any more MTOs in the future, at least not with people I haven't dealt with before.

Last edited:

kczsilence

Reaction score
WHISKEY HARLECH GMTO -

UNCONFIRMED:

@litos - pm'd DEADLINE WEDNESDAY MARCH 23rd
@dkotek - pm'd DEADLINE WEDNESDAY MARCH 23rd
@Falu_al - pm'd DEADLINE WEDNESDAY MARCH 23rd

CONFIRMED

1. @MrVenneri
2. @kczsilence
3. @HerrMunich
4. @ennui
5. @gokingsgo
6. @KennyTam
7. @monkeydoodle
8. monkeydoodle's friend
@kennyg75

Potential list of people who will take over for anyone who doesn't confirm

@Dale1
@zinc2162

Anyone potentially want to join the Whiskey Harlech GMTO? Details below.

Sole: Dainite (Brown version)

Eyelets: Exposed - Speed Hooks - Brass

Stitching Color: Tonal/Color Matched

Welt: 360 Storm

Edge Color: Natural Tan (Antique)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not the actual organizer for this GMTO but I've messaged the last 3. We have 2 who would join in. In all honesty, I think that if we find a 3rd to join in, then we might as well just move forward. @MrVenneri , that is ultimately your call. We technically have 11 right now with the two who would jump in.

I'd like this just to be over and done with... I have a wedding I still have to plan without getting caught...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Works for me. I think we've been more than fair allowing ample time to respond. Additionally...if it takes us 10 days just to complete a role-call...can you imagine how much of a nightmare payment is going to be? I say the more the merrier, with a couple extra on stand-by if at all possible. I would be willing to give up my spot if someone on the stand-by list really wanted the boots. Since the start of this process to current I've spent about 8k in shoes so I'm not going barefoot anytime soon. That said, I'll still see this GMTO through until the end regardless if I get a pair or not.

BurntPockets

Reaction score

Thanks, I hope the dundee GMTO does go through. A lot of work and time was put into it, would love to see it make it to the finish line.

100 yrs

Reaction score
just heard from hoit, still stuck at 11 on the Dundee.

hypothetically, if one were going to order a second pair to flip on the marketplace later, what would be a good common size?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just heard from hoit, still stuck at 11 on the Dundee.

hypothetically, if one were going to order a second pair to flip on the marketplace later, what would be a good common size?

I would say most common size is 9.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

us 9 or uk 9?

It's a complete guess, but I feel that the sizes which sell out most quickly are the US8 - US10 range. I'm a size US13 and am not an expert on the matter, but I feel this is correct info. Maybe others can chime in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads