• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Interest Check: Dundee 2 in Baker’s Russian Grain

OK, but hear me out: I know we just did a Russian Grain GMTO earlier this year in an Islay that came out amazing; and I am also aware that we just did a Dundee GMTO in Whiskey shell earlier this year that came out gorgeously… but I also know that some people missed out on one or both of these beautiful builds, so what if - and I’m just thinking here - but what if… we took the best of both of these makeups and combined the two?

OK, I’ve done more than just think about it - proposed specs, price, and inspiration pics are below. Ten participants are needed to waive MTO fees - is anyone else interested in a Russian Grain brogued cap toe boot?

Style: Dundee 2
- Last: 325
- Width: E
- Material: J&FJ Baker’s Russian Grain
- Colour: Col 4-ish (C&J calls it “tan”)
- Welt: Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Ridgeway
- Midsole: Leather
- Edge Colour: Mid-Brown / Matching
- Eyelets: 4 brass hooks + 4 exposed brass eyelets
- Pull Tab: Yes
- Price (incl. VAT): £925
- Price (ex. VAT): £770.85

The leather: Islay in J&FJ Baker’s Russian Grain (same specs)

1667322399829.jpeg

The boot: Dundee 2 in Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan

1667322443713.jpeg

The inspiration: T. Shirakashi bespoke boot in J&FJ Baker’s Russian Grain (or, please also think this is really good and let’s work together to save $3,500 and two flights to Japan):
1667322666673.jpeg

Jeddie

Reaction score

OK, but hear me out: I know we just did a Russian Grain GMTO earlier this year in an Islay that came out amazing; and I am also aware that we just did a Dundee GMTO in Whiskey shell earlier this year that came out gorgeously… but I also know that some people missed out on one or both of these beautiful builds, so what if - and I’m just thinking here - but what if… we took the best of both of these makeups and combined the two?

OK, I’ve done more than just think about it - proposed specs, price, and inspiration pics are below. Ten participants are needed to waive MTO fees - is anyone else interested in a Russian Grain brogued cap toe boot?

View attachment 1851219

View attachment 1851220

The inspiration: T. Shirakashi bespoke boot in J&FJ Baker’s Russian Grain (or, please also think this is really good and let’s work together to save $3,500 and two flights to Japan):
View attachment 1851221

Im interested if no storm welt

Gustaf

Reaction score

View attachment 1851219

View attachment 1851220

View attachment 1851221

I’d be in for a Coniston in this exact make up.

Lvo

Reaction score
I’d be in for a Coniston in this exact make up.
The Dundee in Russian Grain is an interesting make tbh and worth considering. I do already have the Radnor, which is why I am on the fence.. As we are throwing around ideas, what about having a Chelsea in Russian Grain? It would be distinctive enough from a Derby boot.

Jeddie

Reaction score
The Dundee in Russian Grain is an interesting make tbh and worth considering. I do already have the Radnor, which is why I am on the fence.. As we are throwing around ideas, what about having a Chelsea in Russian Grain? It would be distinctive enough from a Derby boot.

Id be open to a Chelsea or Dundee

Style989

Reaction score
Talk to me, Goose.
I'm thinking of this. I'm open to sole type. I like the gold eyelets like the grizedale but again open to different ones. I haven't inquired yet about retail price but leather Islays are £545 including VAT and Grizedales are £470. I would assume they would be priced closer to Grizedale because of the rough out suede

gXO7zlc.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads