• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Yes 365 is the original last for the Islay. I have both 365 Islay and the 325 Coniston. 365 I believe is classed as a more generous last in the toe area. I have the same size in both and they fit me well. I would say go for the same size as your coniston but if you have a Crockett and Jones store or retailer in your area it would be a good idea to try on the standard Islay. The leather ones are very stiff to start off with.

the link above talks about the different lasts. They were saying that both 325 and 365 fit true to size.

i rarely see anyone talk about the implications of choosing a way too norrow last or simply the wrong shaped last. I know the 365 in 6.5UK, 325, 341 and 337 lasts in 7 UK. I have a squared wide but short foot with a narrow heel and a thin instep. Most find these lasts similar but even the 325 and 341 feel way too narrow In the toe box -> hallux valgus feeling. With 365 I can even go half a size lower not just because the toe box is wider but a perfect shape as well.. curved to the inside like a modern hiking shoe. what i love as well is that the heel is still narrow compared to other country boots. Everyone who needs 325 is better off with 365 imho.

Last edited:

Style989

Reaction score
i rarely see anyone talk about the implications of choosing a way too norrow last or simply the wrong shaped last. I know the 365 in 6.5UK, 325, 341 and 337 lasts in 7 UK. I have a squared wide but short foot with a narrow heel and a thin instep. Most find these lasts similar but even the 325 and 341 feel way too narrow In the toe box -> hallux valgus feeling. With 365 I can even go half a size lower not just because the toe box is wider but a perfect shape as well.. curved to the inside like a modern hiking shoe. what i love as well is that the heel is still narrow compared to other country boots. Everyone who needs 325 is better off with 365 imho.
I love last 365. I indeed prefer it to 325. I also have 341. All the same size but half a size smaller than CJ oxfords

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if c&j covers the import duty fees to US?
If I remember correctly, I had to pay import customs on mine. The postal carrier will notify you during the customs process and give an online link to pay. It was around 150 I think for two pairs. It’s based on total value.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
i am new to CJ MTO. Can You Order Coniston in last 365? I once saw Alan McAfee Cj made loafers in last 365. so I guess it should be possible?!

Gustaf

Reaction score
i am new to CJ MTO. Can You Order Coniston in last 365? I once saw Alan McAfee Cj made loafers in last 365. so I guess it should be possible?!

I don't see why not and I would certainly hope so as I am planning to do just that at some point, but you may wish to enquire directly with C&J at [email protected]. If you do, please share the response!

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Does anyone know if C&J has ever done a Milkshake Suede make-up? I was really interested in this boot but the 2050 last really didn't do work for me. I think a Chelsea 11 in the Milkshake would be a pretty fantastic boot.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Lindricks from last year's SF GMTO run:

20230124_105911.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads