• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes in my avatar are CJ for BB longwings (Black Fleece collection), on the 325 last. They are US 8.5D, and fit me pretty well.

Would I then go for a UK 7.5E? I have always gone by the rule of "add one full size to go from UK to US length" with shoes, but I feel like I've seen people on here recommend only 0.5 size difference. Maybe that was between different lasts or something.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, on a completely different note, CJ does individual MTOs too, right? Any clue what the usual up charge is for that?

I kind of want to make a brown calf Marlow wingtip and am curious about how to go about doing that.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have 12 on the Galway 2 GMTO!!! Ill be in touch with everyone soon.

Quote from Pernilla
-Galway 2 Dark Brown Cordovan £650 less VAT £541.67 (currently $703.95). No delay for production at about 16 weeks (Nov delivery).

A damn good price for a great boot.

wooksb

Reaction score
We have 12 on the Galway 2 GMTO!!! Ill be in touch with everyone soon.

Quote from Pernilla
-Galway 2 Dark Brown Cordovan £650 less VAT £541.67 (currently $703.95). No delay for production at about 16 weeks (Nov delivery).

A damn good price for a great boot.

Great! I hope none of those in the list will back out.

ErikW

Reaction score
This is interesting. I found almost the exact shoe that the new C&J Whiskey PTB MTO is for, but with a slightly different last 335 vs. 325. $1256 shipped from Japan. Looks damn nice, but I'll wait it out to get the same shoe for almost half. Link.

doorsncolours

Reaction score
Would there be enough interest in restarting the Zug Snowdon talks? With the GBP down, it may be a good deal on time for the winter, etc.

I know the faux captoe was disappointing when it was brought up before but figured I would ask.

I would definitely be interested. Are you proposing to use the same specs etc?

tkebh979

Reaction score
This is interesting. I found almost the exact shoe that the new C&J Whiskey PTB MTO is for, but with a slightly different last 335 vs. 325. $1256 shipped from Japan. Looks damn nice, but I'll wait it out to get the same shoe for almost half. Link.

Is the footwear market fairly fluid? Arb!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kczsilence

Reaction score

I would definitely be interested.  Are you proposing to use the same specs etc?

Don't think there's enough interest plus no faux captoe since they said they wouldn't do it anymore because of issues with the first run. There's been suggestion alternatives that are very close in looks and maybe even wear though.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LINDRICK MTO

@mosy
@louisnkh
@bcloudy
@kwhitelaw
@stephenaf2003
@vincent
@rssmsvc
@KPDarb
@JayDotz
@IGotId
@mrsolitonwave
@sacMonkey (from reddit - doesn't seem to have SF username - how do i reach him?
@BackInTheJox

We now have 13 interested participants for the LINDRICK!

For fairness the first 12 listed above will have the opportunity to be part of this. Should anyone choose to exit, then number 13 will be in. If anyone else wants to be on the waiting list, just add your info to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing

The main specs will be:

325 Last
Dark Brown Shell
Double Leather Sole
Antique Edge
Storm Welt
Eyelets

Price:
EU Customers: 700 GBP including VAT (not sure of delivery price to EU countries. Let me know which country and I'll find out.
Non-EU Customers: 583.36 GBP (aprox $754.00 in today's rate). Delivery to USA is 30 GBP (approximately $39 today)

Some of you wanted to know about metal toe taps and whether or not we can choose the color of the lining. I have an email out to Lauren inquiring about the possibility of these specs on an individual basis.

EDIT: If anyone above wants to exit, please be so kind as to send me a PM. Thanks!

Last edited:

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LINDRICK MTO

@mosy

@louisnkh

@bcloudy

@kwhitelaw

@stephenaf2003

@vincent

@rssmsvc

@KPDarb

@JayDotz

@IGotId

@mrsolitonwave

@sacMonkey (from reddit - doesn't seem to have SF username - how do i reach him?
@BackInTheJox

For fairness the first 12 listed above will have the opportunity to be part of this.  Should anyone choose to exit, then number 13 will be in.  If anyone else wants to be on the waiting list, just add your info to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing 

The main specs will be:

325 Last
Dark Brown Shell
Double Leather Sole
Antique Edge
Storm Welt
Eyelets

Price:
EU Customers: 700 GBP including VAT (not sure of delivery price to EU countries.  Let me know which country and I'll find out.
Non-EU Customers: 583.36 GBP (aprox $754.00 in today's rate).  Delivery to USA is 30 GBP (approximately $39 today)

Some of you wanted to know about metal toe taps and whether or not we can choose the color of the lining.  I have an email out to Lauren inquiring about the possibility of these specs on an individual basis.

EDIT:  If anyone above wants to exit, please be so kind as to send me a PM.  Thanks!

Let's do this! I can't wait!

bcloudy

Reaction score
LINDRICK MTO

@mosy
@louisnkh
@bcloudy
@kwhitelaw
@stephenaf2003
@vincent
@rssmsvc
@KPDarb
@JayDotz
@IGotId
@mrsolitonwave
@BackInTheJox

For fairness the first 12 listed above will have the opportunity to be part of this. Should anyone choose to exit, then number 13 will be in. If anyone else wants to be on the waiting list, just add your info to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing

The main specs will be:

325 Last
Dark Brown Shell
Double Leather Sole
Antique Edge
Storm Welt
Eyelets

Price:
EU Customers: 700 GBP including VAT (not sure of delivery price to EU countries. Let me know which country and I'll find out.
Non-EU Customers: 583.36 GBP (aprox $754.00 in today's rate). Delivery to USA is 30 GBP (approximately $39 today)

Some of you wanted to know about metal toe taps and whether or not we can choose the color of the lining. I have an email out to Lauren inquiring about the possibility of these specs on an individual basis.

EDIT: If anyone above wants to exit, please be so kind as to send me a PM. Thanks!

!^&*#*%#*(*^&#&%^

I literally wore my unlined Allen Edmonds Walnut Shell Daltons for the first time today (yes these came out years ago but they were just sitting around). These are so similar too but there is enough of a difference to make it worthwhile.

@BackInTheJox if you are interested I can easily switch places with you, since I don't need them, but would like them.

@mosy Per the above, I can be flexible depending on what the needs of the group are.

Anyway - (&^&*(&(@%$*&#%$#@#&*

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LINDRICK MTO

@mosy

@louisnkh

@bcloudy

@kwhitelaw

@stephenaf2003

@vincent

@rssmsvc

@KPDarb

@JayDotz

@IGotId

@mrsolitonwave

@BackInTheJox

For fairness the first 12 listed above will have the opportunity to be part of this.  Should anyone choose to exit, then number 13 will be in.  If anyone else wants to be on the waiting list, just add your info to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing 

The main specs will be:

325 Last
Dark Brown Shell
Double Leather Sole
Antique Edge
Storm Welt
Eyelets

Price:
EU Customers: 700 GBP including VAT (not sure of delivery price to EU countries.  Let me know which country and I'll find out.
Non-EU Customers: 583.36 GBP (aprox $754.00 in today's rate).  Delivery to USA is 30 GBP (approximately $39 today)

Some of you wanted to know about metal toe taps and whether or not we can choose the color of the lining.  I have an email out to Lauren inquiring about the possibility of these specs on an individual basis.

EDIT:  If anyone above wants to exit, please be so kind as to send me a PM.  Thanks!

Yes!!! Finally.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
LINDRICK MTO

@mosy
@louisnkh
@bcloudy
@kwhitelaw
@stephenaf2003
@vincent
@rssmsvc
@KPDarb
@JayDotz
@IGotId
@mrsolitonwave
@BackInTheJox

The main specs will be:

325 Last
Dark Brown Shell
Double Leather Sole
Antique Edge
Storm Welt
Eyelets

Price:

Very good news! I thought it would take more time. Perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads