1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. hautelook82

hautelook82 Member

Hey Man.. Thanks for picking up the Whiskey Harlech. I was thinking of doing it too, but it's been crazy busy at work. I'm already on the list.

2. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

I stand corrected.. you were right about the 365 list being the widest.. C&J actually suggests going down half a size in that last and 335 and 325 being true to size..

https://www.crockettandjones.com/last-guide/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Have all past gmto deliveries included this sort of model info on the inside of the shoe? Its similar to the BB/RL rather than the stock print.

[​IMG]

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I had made mention of this as well in my earlier post. Mostly because I seem to recall the Warlow 1.0 showing up and people being mildly surprised that they had standard printed information rather than hand written. I don't recall hearing anything about what's written inside any of the other GMTOs.

I think it's a neat touch.

5. neelp3

neelp3 Senior member

What's your sizing on the 325 last or other makes? The Lindrick boot in 6.5UK was too long for me, even though width seem just right. Same with the Conistons in 6.5UK (just felt like I had too much room in the toebox and the lacing was closed for both)

I'm thinking of going to 6UK for 341, I'm a 7E-EE measured

I've never tried the 341 last and am slightly concerned that it will be too narrow. thoughts?

6. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Neat, indeed. I read your post and wasn't really sure what you meant until I received mine and saw it. Never noticed in past pictures.

Edit: Just looked at a past picture of the Warlow 1.0 and its the standard font notated as "Pembroke". I guess because the Lindrick (among others) isn't a standard production/catalog model, much like private label models, they don't get the regular notation.

In my own experience, I tried on 341 side by side the 325 and the 341 fit but only just in my standard size but going up would result is a shoe thats far too long. I need to mention, I have a wide forefoot and narrow heels. The 325 is just wide enough in my true size to fit my forefoot and length but is a bit wide in the heel (nothing that can't be cured by tongue pads and break in). My feet are shaped like flippers and tongue pads are usually required for derby style shoes/boots lol Id say that if the width was good in 325 you might be too tight at 1/2 down. of course, YMMV

I wear 10.5UK in 325 and 11D in Alden barrie/TB but prefer TB, 11 in Viberg 1035.

8. neelp3

neelp3 Senior member

Thanks, my feet are similar. In comparison with Barrie and TB. 6.5D in TB was good, slightly long, good width. 7D barrie was too long.

In reality, I need a wide width 341 or 325 boot...if I can get 12 orders of a wide boot

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

My GMTO Harlechs, Dundees, Camberly, Skye and Warlows all have the standard printed info. It wasn't too many years ago that all C&J had hand written info.

10. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had much the same impression of 341 and 325, and found that 335e fits quite well.

11. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Well. As usual you really need to try on shoes before buying them... I'm a UK6.5 in the 225, 228, 235 and 365, perfect fir even if I can't wear the 325 in summer with thin cotton sock, downsizing was too much for me.

12. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Whiskey Harlech

Hello,

I have got confirmation by Lauren. Here are the prices :

Price – Including VAT - £720
    Price – Excluding VAT - £600
    About for 30£ shippement

I have 7 confirmations. Please gentlemen confirm or remove your name of the list.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit#gid=1569470178

Let's close it!

7/12 confirmed

@Jmccle2
    @smuj
    @SvelteDave
    @Vincent Chanal ✓
    @neelp3
    @Doubleskyline
    @markamon ✓
    @nishant ✓

@Johnathan
    @kevenmee
    @hautelook82
    @acgascoigne

Backups :

@wsohn
    @TokenMao

Price 720£ less VAT £600 + Shipping

Last : 341
    Material : Shell Cordovan
    Color: Whiskey
    Sole : Dainite
    Edge : Antique
    Welt : Storm

@momone , if you are ok I took use your template.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  13. momone

momone Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. momone

momone Senior member

Also, could every confirmed participant give me through PM their contact email for providing it to C&J?

1 person likes this.
  15. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

WARLOW 2.0 IS SHIPPING! Its been a good week between these and the Lindricks. I can't wait to see how they come out. I just remembered we have the double JR soles on them

1 person likes this.
  16. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

As shoes are completed at the factory, they are shipped to Lauren for final review. A couple come in with each general shipment from the factory. Once the Jermyn St. staff reviews the pairs, Lauren ships them and contacts us individually to relay shipping info.

As of 3:30pm GMT, not all have been received in London (mine included). Please, continue to be patient if you have not yet heard from her. My understanding is that we all will, soon.

To clarify - some have been completed (and shipped, per @KPDarb ). Enjoy em, buddy - looking forward to first pics. [​IMG]

17. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I didn't know this to indeed be the case. I know that there are a few in the past who say they're still waiting on delivery but I usually figured it was the currier. Good to know and I didn't mean to rub anyones face in it! I guess that means at least we know they'll all be done soon. I will be posting pictures asap [​IMG]

18. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Checked my Harlechs this morning and they are stamped with the information. I have C&J shoes where they are handwritten though.

19. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Are they CJ for someone else?

20. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Could be. Don't remember offhand, but could be my Marlows.