• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let's hope the gods are looking down, and favorably, on this MTO.

Also, saw this today. EG whiskey cordo. Hopefully a similar shade to C&J :nodding:

These shoes are simply beautiful!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard back from Lauren. They would be able to provide a MTO of the Cheviot in any of their cordovan colors (whiskey, dark brown, black, burgundy and navy). I'm leaning towards dark brown personally, I feel a dark brown Cheviot would compliment the Marlow family very well, and I would probably get more use from a darker longwing.

She is going to get back to me with info on a MTO Gianni with NST.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good work Hoit! Do you happen to know what last the Cheviot is built on? Also, what last the Gianni is on? I love the fit of the Gianni. Have em on now with this cold weather... Was hoping the Harlech MTO might make it here by Christmas but am doubtful.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The thought of a Gianni in navy with antique edge trim makes me tingly inside.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Good work Hoit!  Do you happen to know what last the Cheviot is built on?  Also, what last the Gianni is on?  I love the fit of the Gianni.  Have em on now with this cold weather... Was hoping the Harlech MTO might make it here by Christmas but am doubtful.

I have emailed to find out. Will let you know when I get a response.

The thought of a Gianni in navy with antique edge trim makes me tingly inside.

I like the idea of a navy boot, I just don't think I would ever use it.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy Unlined Penny Loafer .. I think of navy as casual in a shoe. That one might be a work horse in the Spring Summer Fall .. And definitely not a stock item:slayer:

NoCleverName

Reaction score
I'd be very interested in either the boot or the long wing shoe in whiskey, although not the Chukka and probably not if it was brown shell.

Also, does anyone know what the upcharge is if you just order a single MTO pair? Is that even possible?

Last edited:

CTBrummie

Reaction score
I'd be very interested in either the boot or the long wing shoe in whiskey, although not the Chukka and probably not if it was brown shell.

Also, does anyone know what the upcharge is if you just order a single MTO pair? Is that even possible?

The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The upcharge is around 50% of the standard purchase price of the model in question, with an additional £50 charge if any pattern changes are needed.

^
This makes the group MTO even nicer. This Whiskey Harlech should look really sweet, not run of the mill! Okay I need to contain myself. Anticipation ..

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not doing really well at containing my anticipation either. I think that partly contributed to me springing for those Conistons from Barneys, which look like they're not going to arrive today, as expected, due to the weather. But I agree, the whiskey Harlechs should be incredible. Part of the anticipation is waiting to see what color the whiskey actually turns out to be.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ^ it's boot weather here now so I can't wait it get them in the rotation ... A different look than my burgundy and cigar boots ..

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from Lauren. A Gianni in whiskey is possible but a NST is not - the reason being that the stitching can split the leather. I guess this is why Alden hand-stitches, and perhaps C&J machine? Cost would be £650 inc. VAT (so up from £575 for the Harlech).

Cheviot is on the 335 last - waiting to hear back on the Gianni last.

All cordovan C&J uses is from Horween. I began to wonder when the QC issues arose on the dark brown Gianni's (the scratching and severe looking dryness posted by Namor had me questioning). I hope there are no QC issues with the current Harlech MTO...

I'm currently thinking a dark brown Cheviot would be very useful. As far as another whiskey is concerned, I'm going to wait and see what the Harlech's end up like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads