1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys,

Why don't you give it some time until we receive our packages. Some of us might be interested in second run? I was originally interested in dark brown cordovan on ridgeway soles but then I got strong-armed into buying whiskey version. I still might be interested in dark brown cordovan but on the ridgeway soles.

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

We're just discussing. I, for one, am not in any hurry.

3. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

^ Same here..just getting a discussion going. I'm still recovering from holiday purchases..

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

^^ I'm in no hurry whatsoever. My preference would be whiskey on Dainite, but, so as not to be misleading, I'm not even saying for sure I would commit to that.

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I am not ready either, but I would really like a Gianni. So I would probably like a dark brown cordovan Harlech or Gianni with Dainite sole. Just discussing for the future.

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I sadly chose to get flush metal toe taps put on by them. I believe Lauren said this would result in up to another 2 weeks wait [​IMG]. Anyone else request the flush metal toe taps?

7. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

worth it 100%. Mine will end up at b Nelson and that will be at least two weeks

8. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Pardon the basic question: how much do toe and heel taps extend the life of the sole, approximately?

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Dark brown cordovan Coniston, all eyelets on Dainite?

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ How does the Coniston differ from the Harlech?

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Are you guys adamant about the reverse welt on these boots (whether Harlech or Coniston)? When I get these whiskey Harlechs, I will own two Harlechs and one Coniston and all have the reverse welt. I personally would like to change it up a bit and go for a 270-flat welt. Would that be a no-go for you guys? I'm actually not sure if C&J would even do that.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Personally I don't like the aesthetic of either a 270 or flat welt, so with those I would be out. Dark brown cordovan boot, chukka or longwing (all 360 with storm welt) and Dainite would make me happy. Just my $0.02...

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I believe it's less sleek.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I also contacted Lauren to see if a #8 pebble grain cordovan was an option (long-shot) and unfortunately it's a no. I then contacted Horween directly (with the hope of purchasing 12 hides to supply C&J) but have yet to hear back. One can but dream.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Thanks for the explanation. For my intended use, I'd rather the sleeker Harlech.

17. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Hey hoit, no problem, I was just checking. I like both types of welts. For some lasts, I don't like the 360-reverse welt because it makes the boot way too wide for my liking (Barrie is a case in point for me). The Harlech and Coniston look great with the 360-reverse welt. I was just wanting something different because of what I have already.

18. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Tetbury chukka in brown cordovan with dainite sole? Or RL McCallum?

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Is a pebble grain possible on cordovan? This I have not heard of before... [​IMG]

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Pebble/scotch grain cordovan exists but is pretty rare.