• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Tifosi, you could even call one of the UK stores and have them ship to you.  Their prices are lower than the NYC store, even with the shipping charges - 30 GBP for the first pair and 5 GBP per pair after that.

Alex, do you have experience with any specific store?

alexandchau

Reaction score
^ I've called the C&J store on 69 Jermyn St just to inquire about prices, but haven't purchased anything from them. I believe BootSpell has recently purchased a pair of Dark Brown Harlechs from one of those stores during his trip to London. Not sure which one though.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Sorry, I did indeed mean £437. This puts an awesome C&J longwing at around $700. Similar to Alden pricing. Pretty tempting - how does the 335 last fit? Would anyone be in for this MTO in the new year?

Still a great price for a cordovan longwing ... I've read 335 is like 325 but maybe roomier in toe box. Anybody .. Beuller Beuller

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex, do you have experience with any specific store?

^ I've called the C&J store on 69 Jermyn St just to inquire about prices, but haven't purchased anything from them. I believe BootSpell has recently purchased a pair of Dark Brown Harlechs from one of those stores during his trip to London. Not sure which one though.

tifosi, I visited the #92 Jermyn St store and had an incredible experience there. Bought the dark brown shell Harlechs there (and my wife bought a couple of pairs as well). We had them shipped to us here in the US, and luckily, no customs duty paid. The guy who helped me was extremely knowledgeable and just a wonderful guy to deal with. His name was William Powell. I communicated with him at jermynstreet at crockettandjones dot co dot uk.

I'm not sure if they take phone/email orders from the US but I'd sure give it a try. And I'm sure he'd help with the sizing if you're unsure of the last, etc. PM me if you have any questions or want further info.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

tifosi, I visited the #92 Jermyn St store and had an incredible experience there.  Bought the dark brown shell Harlechs there (and my wife bought a couple of pairs as well).  We had them shipped to us here in the US, and luckily, no customs duty paid.  The guy who helped me was extremely knowledgeable and just a wonderful guy to deal with.  His name was William Powell.  I communicated with him at jermynstreet at crockettandjones dot co dot uk.

I'm not sure if they take phone/email orders from the US but I'd sure give it a try.  And I'm sure he'd help with the sizing if you're unsure of the last, etc.  PM me if you have any questions or want further info.

Thanks, boot. I'll send an email over.
Maybe next time you go I'll give you a wad of cash and a wishlist....ha!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have sooo much C&J dark brown I'd likely pass on the LWB. Now their burgundy cordovan is beautiful. Heck, even a Whiskey MTO would work, I thought that Japan site had them at $1000 Plus for Whiskey LWB last 335.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not enough whiskey for a Gianni (or anything) group MTO

Sorry I just read this, wonder if burgundy is a go or no go in LWB.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I have sooo much C&J dark brown I'd likely pass on the LWB.  Now their burgundy cordovan is beautiful.  Heck, even a Whiskey MTO would work, I thought that Japan site had them at $1000 Plus for Whiskey LWB last 335.

Unfortunately it sounds like whiskey is off the table...

alexandchau

Reaction score
How about this guy? - Brecon (341 last) in Dark Brown shell

Or this? - Tetbury (348 last) in Dark Brown shell

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, whiskey is off the menu unless for individual MTO's ($$$$$). Personally, I would get so much more wear from a dark brown LWB (which I don't have) than a burgundy (which is readily available). I love the color of the C&J dark brown - my Marlow WT's are almost Ravello in hue.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Not a huge fan of chukkas, personally. I'd rather do a LWB or some type of blucher.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to ask Lauren to advise us when enough whiskey is available again for another MTO? Not to keep this round held up, though.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Would we have enough people interested in a dark brown Harlech, but with all eyelets and maybe a different sole? No pull tab?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics