• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any updated pics? i agree that shell is fine in rain. water spots are a ***** are pretty much guarneteed though. but i dont care because i like my shell to look flat and rugged as opposed to shiny and smooth

Yes indeed they have developed water spots see the pictures. I thought shell cordovan was supposed to be immune to water sports? In any case they seem to be handling the rain very well. I have yet do any vigorous brushing @justinkapur. However it does not look like they need a lot of maintenance, except for the water sports, shoes look good after drying out.

I am new to the shell game and I am on business trip right now so frankly I have not had time to brush them that much or take the proper pictures.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that looks severe. how long were your feet in the boots? what is your procedure for drying, etc? shell is supposed to be armageddon proof which i dont doubt but they do require more upkeep than calf

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that looks severe. how long were your feet in the boots? what is your procedure for drying, etc? shell is supposed to be armageddon proof which i dont doubt but they do require more upkeep than calf

I wore them for full day from morning until late afternoon. I did commute for about an hour and about one mile outside through puddles of water and light rain. I did this for few days.
I do not do anything special. I just leave them to dry on the room temperature, I do put shoe trees in them.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a little wax polish goes a long way in reducing spotting on c&j shell imo. but laufer's shoes look alright I think - normal calf (not waxy calf) would show similar spots without polish/conditioning if worn though rain and puddles, and not retain the just-buff-to-shine properties.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wore them for full day from morning until late afternoon. I did commute for about an hour and about one mile outside through puddles of water and light rain. I did this for few days.
I do not do anything special. I just leave them to dry on the room temperature, I do put shoe trees in them.

Deleted

Last edited:

burlyarab

Reaction score
Ok... Still trying to drum up The Cordovan Cheviots, so far, these guys have expressed interest:

@EricW
@tobiasfunke19
@iGotid
@Hoit1981
@wes-bourne
@mobbes

That's 7 including me, just need 5 more! A few people from Reddit seemed up for it too.

We also need to nail down the makeup - I'm happy with either whiskey or dark brown cordovan, and leather or Dainite?

Here's an example of whiskey shell Cheviots from a Japanese website: http://www.frame.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=25636

The same shop has them in dark brown, but this looks more like Colour 8 to me? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/frameshop/item/5271606101/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only interested in Dk Brown w/ double leather.

Since it seems most wanted Dainite, I'm out.

Gotta admit that Whiskey looks great though.

IGotId

Reaction score

soender

Reaction score
So much win.

The Dundee looks perfect in all it's mutations. Want the black one pretty bad.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads