• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from RL customer service...

"We apologize; however, the McCallum Cordovan Chukka Boot is no longer available in our RalphLauren.com or Ralph Lauren Store inventory. While it is not likely that we will receive more inventory of this item, we may offer a similar style in an upcoming season."

... Does this mean it's been discontinued entirely? If so, that's a massive ball-ache!

katch

Reaction score
Quote:
I think they have their standard offering of wingtip, ptb, tassel, penny, boot. Then they have variations that are short runs. I think they should include the chukka in their standard offering

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Just heard back from RL customer service...

"We apologize; however, the McCallum Cordovan Chukka Boot is no longer available in our RalphLauren.com or Ralph Lauren Store inventory. While it is not likely that we will receive more inventory of this item, we may offer a similar style in an upcoming season."

... Does this mean it's been discontinued entirely? If so, that's a massive ball-ache!

I think all it means is that it's sold out for the season.
I doubt if they have any idea if and when it'll be back.
They've been selling it for a long time though, so I'm guessing it'll eventually be back.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think all it means is that it's sold out for the season.
I doubt if they have any idea if and when it'll be back.
They've been selling it for a long time though, so I'm guessing it'll eventually be back.

+1. I hope they bring it back. I don't care for most chukkas but I really like these

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gianni after brushing with and without flash

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Really? My Marlows do the exact same thing. I was going to Reno them and I hoped that would help because I assumed that those rough patches formed due to dryness. But I didn't think the Gianni's would do it also because they feel soo much more moist. I have honestly not worn my Gianni's yet, so I can't tell you if it has happened to mine, but I will be greatly disappointed.

Why is it doing this? How do you fix it? More brushing just makes it worse. Usually buffing gets rid of it but it's a crapload of work.

-Mike

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NAMOR, that shell looks really weird. If you had said that you'd been logging or working on the docks, maybe, but not just brushing. What the hell man? I'd definitely call an RL flagship store or contact RL customer sevice. Seems like it could be a QC issue with C&J.

Last edited:

bucksfan

Reaction score
Is it excess oil coming through the pores? Hard to really tell on the pics. Just checked mine and they do not have this fwiw.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like bloom coming out. I have some of this on some Marlow Penny's. Take a damp cloth to it then buff. Brushing doesn't do the trick for some reason. Crazy comfortable boot, I have mine on this cool weather day .. Love em..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads