• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones Last Question

Edsal17

Reaction score
I noticed on Pediware the other day that they now have the Edgware model for sale. I am a UK 8 in the Weymouth, but it was a bit on the tight side at first. Should I stay with the 8 or with the 8.5 for the Edgware?

slt

Reaction score
It seems that most people, I'm one of them, takes the same size for the 337 and 348 lasts.

I do feel that the 337 is slightly 'roomier' than the 348 all over, but not so much that it makes a difference of half a size though.

sf_esq

Reaction score
I would ask Pediwear directly, they may be able to help.

For what it's worth, I also wear the same size in the 337 and 348, but find the 337 slightly roomer in width (not lenght). Is the Weymouth still tight for you? Did you mean tight in width or length? Assuming you meant width, I find that wholecuts like the Weymouth run slightly loose, so if you found it tight, you may need to size up 1/2 size in the 348 as it is slightly narrower than the 337 to begin with. According to Plal, the 348 is the equivalent of 1/4 size smaller than the 337. Potential problem is, if it is the width, and you size up 1/2 size, that the length will also be longer. You could order something on the 348 last in an F width, however, the Edgeware doesn't come in an F (but the Hallam for example, does, but if you really are set on the Edgeware, then that doesn't help). Good luck.

Edsal17

Reaction score
The 8UK in the Weymouth was just slightly tight around the pinky toe, the 8.5 was just a touch too loose. I generally wear a 9.5 US so there in lies my problem. I guess I will contact pediwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads