• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Croc Penny

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This seems like the best route for Socal as he can probably get decent quality shoes but still overpay significantly.

Never been to, never bought, never will buy Tom Ford.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Not even at twice the price?

Especially not then!

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Especially not then!
smile.gif
There is hope for you. I guess you have to think which is more important, the style of the shoe or the quality of the skin. The Kitons iammatt showed really illustrate how impressive good skins can be (Though one shoe was way better than the other, and I don't relly care for that shape). If you care more about the shape, then you will be happy with the BBs or any other brand that does a model you like (BTW, Weston has a shop on Madison that you can visit). If you really care about the quality of the skins and getting a good match and layout, bespoke may be the way to go. I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked if the top bespoke makers won't do exotics for the first order. I bet, though, that you can order the classic Weston loafer MTO with the skin of your choice and they might let you choose the ones you like. In true SF fashion, though, I am talking out of ****** since I have never bough a pair of exotics and I doubt I will.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
smile.gif
There is hope for you. I guess you have to think which is more important, the style of the shoe or the quality of the skin. The Kitons iammatt showed really illustrate how impressive good skins can be (Though one shoe was way better than the other, and I don't relly care for that shape). If you care more about the shape, then you will be happy with the BBs or any other brand that does a model you like (BTW, Weston has a shop on Madison that you can visit). If you really care about the quality of the skins and getting a good match and layout, bespoke may be the way to go. I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked if the top bespoke makers won't do exotics for the first order. I bet, though, that you can order the classic Weston loafer MTO with the skin of your choice and they might let you choose the ones you like.

In true SF fashion, though, I am talking out of ****** since I have never bough a pair of exotics and I doubt I will.

Oh gee I've never been on Madison Ave thanks for letting me know about the Weston shop!

I don't care about the skin quality, it's the style that I want.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Weston doesn't do runway shows, so I didn't expect you to notice.

You'd be surprised what I know about retailing and brands outside of Jil and Thom.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Oh gee I've never been on Madison Ave thanks for letting me know about the Weston shop!

I don't care about the skin quality, it's the style that I want.

In that case go with Mezlan, Mauri, or David Eden. Not all of their styes are pimp styled.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
In that case go with Mezlan, Mauri, or David Eden. Not all of their styes are pimp styled.

Where can I get an orange sherbet suit?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I just want some dyke/CEO/Senator Clinton/power Lesbo penny loafers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics