• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creatine does work!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
All,

I have been using a creatine product for about a week. I was skeptical at first at the claims that it can increase one's capacity to workout harder and longer, but it turns out that it does.

In the last week, I have put on 2kgs and 0.5cm on my arms. So if any of you are thinking about using it to give you that extra boost, give it a shot.

Have others had similar results? Discuss.

AL

Maybe its due to all the protein shakes you said you have been taking.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh, I bought some when it first got big. Seems opinions on the stuff has swayed all over the place.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
I was on creatine for 5 months until stopping about 3 weeks ago. I have not noticed any dropoff in strength or endurance whatsoever. I don't think I'll be taking it again.

The biggest turnoff for me is the MASSIVE amount of water you must drink on a daily basis while on creatine. Water is essential obviously but drinking more than a gallon a day is just gross.

Did yo notice and differences in size? I heard that when you go off creatine, your body loses its ability to retain the excess water stored in muscles.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've started taking creatine again. I've gained 1 pound this week.

Oldboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
Did yo notice and differences in size? I heard that when you go off creatine, your body loses its ability to retain the excess water stored in muscles.

Not really, I was only carrying about 5-7 lbs of water when I was on it. But I will say that I had a slightly "puffy" look - especially in the face. And I was taking an esterized creatine, which supposedly causes less water retention than regular creatine monohydrate. Creatine just creates an illusion....

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood why anyone would take it after reading about the puffy face look. I assume most everyone lifts for vanity, so why at the cost of your face? It just doesn't seem worth it.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I never understood why anyone would take it after reading about the puffy face look. I assume most everyone lifts for vanity, so why at the cost of your face? It just doesn't seem worth it.
I have never heard about this so called puffy face look. I've personally never experienced it.

konig

Reaction score
Creatine is one of a handful of supplements that have real scientific backing behind it a simple search on pubmed will pull up many. It works by increasing your creatine reserves in your muscles which converts to ATP under oxidative stress giving someone increased endurance not strength or size. Creatine lets you train harder and longer and its effects are very real. There is some water retention but people complaining about bloat are admittly drinking too much water. Drinking more than a gallon a day is not only unessecary its unhealthy.

BTW esters and such are bunk, all studies on creatine were carried out on plain old monohydrate which can be bought in bulk for dirt cheap, its a staple that anyone serious about lifting should be taking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads