• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots-are they back

axla

Reaction score
Judging from the length of this thread alone, I think cowboy boots never really go out. They may fade in and out in popularity in areas where they are not a staple, but they'll always be around.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if they're back again or not, but this thread certainly is
deadhorse-a.gif

pkincy

Reaction score
Fads are fads. Cowboy boots may be "back" kinda like Kenneth Cole flat toed shoes were "back".

For proper style, cowboy boots need to be worn by cowboys and have some amount of cowshit on them to be correct.

Perry

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Fads are fads. Cowboy boots may be "back" kinda like Kenneth Cole flat toed shoes were "back".

For proper style, cowboy boots need to be worn by cowboys and have some amount of cowshit on them to be correct.

Perry

Oh c'mon Perry - didn't I see you at Rawhide the other day?
colgate.gif

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Oh c'mon Perry - didn't I see you at Rawhide the other day?
colgate.gif

Very possibly driving by as that is within a mile of my house.

They do have good steaks and that would be the perfect place to wear my Ostrich skin Lucchese's........if I had any.
blush.gif

Perry

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
I have read through all the posts in this thread going back the last few years. It seems that people posting on this forum are rarely neutral on the subject of cowboy boots.

I noticed that there seemed to be more negative posts earlier on in this thread and other older threads on this forum. As time went by it seems there are more and more positive posts on the subject.

I really like the post that said something like, "Those who are concerned with whether cowboy boots are "in" or not probably should not be wearing them."

I have lived mostly in parts of the U.S.A. where boots are not commonly worn and have never heard anything but positive comments about my cowboy boots. I think it it all comes down to the way one wears them and their own attitude and confidence.

I have over 30 pairs of cowboy boots and they are almost all custom made. They are all made of smooth leathers, such as kangaroo and calf skin, and they have understated designs. People who see them are impressed with the quality of the workmanship and enjoy hearing my stories of how they came to be created. Each one has its own story.

I have really hard to fit feet, and rather than having a life of discomfort I made it my life's mission to seek out people who can build me comfortable quality boots. My journey has taken me all over the Western United States, and I have met many wonderful people, as I got to personally know many of the bootmaking legends of our time.

Cowboy boots are not for everyone. However, for those that like the idea of wearing something very indivdual, that they helped design, that is incredibly comfortable (when properly fitted), made of quality materials and workmanship, and timeless in design, it sure is hard to beat a fine pair of cowboy boots.

I wear them with all kinds of attire including suits. Now granted, I will tailor my choice of boots to the style of dress. For example, with a suit I will usually choose a French toe (square toe) with minimal decoration on the vamps (foot part), made from a shiny black or chocolate brown kangaroo leather.

I could go on and write volumes about cowboy boots, as I am such a die-hard fan. The definition of "classic" is something that has withstood the test of time. Clearly that is the case with cowboy boots.

I have been on a horse only 3 times in my whole life, don't listen to country music, and don't own a cowboy hat. I am the total opposite of what one would consider a redneck to be. I like fine suits and other smart attire made of quality materials. I really couldn't care what is "in" at the moment. If something has a timelessness about it and it is made of quality materials, with quality workmanship, and is comfortable to wear, then that is the right one for me.

If you would like to see some of my boots you can do so at this link.

http://badassboots2003.com/members/J...tyle/index.htm

If any one has any specific questions about cowboy boots feel free to post them or email me. I am happy to answer them.

Be warned. Since there are so many types of leathers and design elements used in creating cowboy boots, collecting them is as addictive as posting to discussion forums.

Any other die-hard boot fans out there?

Cheers,

Jess

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm no die-hard, but I still adore my Justins. Welcome to the forum!

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own no cowboy boots, but your enthuiasm is great!!! Welcome to the forum.

K

(Ohh and very impressive collection!)

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmonroestyle
I have read through all the posts in this thread going back the last few years. It seems that people posting on this forum are rarely neutral on the subject of cowboy boots.

I noticed that there seemed to be more negative posts earlier on in this thread and other older threads on this forum. As time went by it seems there are more and more positive posts on the subject.

I really like the post that said something like, "Those who are concerned with whether cowboy boots are "in" or not probably should not be wearing them."

I have lived mostly in parts of the U.S.A. where boots are not commonly worn and have never heard anything but positive comments about my cowboy boots. I think it it all comes down to the way one wears them and their own attitude and confidence.

I have over 30 pairs of cowboy boots and they are almost all custom made. They are all made of smooth leathers, such as kangaroo and calf skin, and they have understated designs. People who see them are impressed with the quality of the workmanship and enjoy hearing my stories of how they came to be created. Each one has its own story.

I have really hard to fit feet, and rather than having a life of discomfort I made it my life's mission to seek out people who can build me comfortable quality boots. My journey has taken me all over the Western United States, and I have met many wonderful people, as I got to personally know many of the bootmaking legends of our time.

Cowboy boots are not for everyone. However, for those that like the idea of wearing something very indivdual, that they helped design, that is incredibly comfortable (when properly fitted), made of quality materials and workmanship, and timeless in design, it sure is hard to beat a fine pair of cowboy boots.

I wear them with all kinds of attire including suits. Now granted, I will tailor my choice of boots to the style of dress. For example, with a suit I will usually choose a French toe (square toe) with minimal decoration on the vamps (foot part), made from a shiny black or chocolate brown kangaroo leather.

I could go on and write volumes about cowboy boots, as I am such a die-hard fan. The deinition of "classic" is something that has withstood the test of time. Clearly that is the case with cowboy boots.

I have been on a horse only 3 times in my whole life, don't listen to country music, and don't own a cowboy hat. I am the total opposite of what one would consider a redneck to be. I like fine suits and other smart attire made of quality materials. I really couldn't care what is "in" at the moment. If something has a timelessness about it and it is made of quality materials, with quality workmanship, and is comfortable to wear, then that is the right one for me.

If you would like to see some of my boots you can do so at this link.

http://badassboots2003.com/members/J...tyle/index.htm

If any one has any specific questions about cowboy boots feel free to post them or email me. I am happy to answer them.

Be warned. Since there are so many types of leathers and design elements used in creating cowboy boots, collecting them is as addictive as posting to discussion forums.

Any other die-hard boot fans out there?

Cheers,

Jess

Welcome to the forum.
Your commitment to bespoke boots fits well with the wisdom of the forum.

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind welcome. It's great to communicate with others who have a passion for quality apparel, made of fine materials with first class construction.

Jess

greeneye

Reaction score
Hey Jess,

Well said!!! I'm also big fan of boots. But I live and work at such a place (India) where I cannot access to the 'real' cowboy boots. The only thing available here is the zip up boots, and that too after extensive search.
I feel you are very lucky person as you can buy and really enjoy the boots.
May be when I visit US (don't know when) I'll buy the real cowboy boots.

Thanks again for the great post and sharing the pics of your amazing collection. Only suggestion that I have is, post some pics where the boots are worn and not just kept like display objects.

~Green

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
greeneye,

Thanks for the kind compliments about my boots. That is a great suggestion about showing pictures of my boots in action.

I am the only professional juggler I know of that actually performs shows while wearing cowboy boots. I once did a show where I was introduced as a "juggler who can do things in cowboy boots that most other jugglers can only dream about doing while wearing Nike's."

Jess

axla

Reaction score
I agree with other postings that it takes a "no care" attitude to wear cowboy boots. I work in a high rise downtown and am the only one regularly wearing them. I started wearing my cowboy boots on weekends with friends and always received a mix of positive and negative comments from them, but I never cared.

I do remember the first time I wore them to work about 3 years ago that I was a little nervous about wearing them in that environment. It was Casual Friday so I wore a pair of tan/light brown boots with matching jeans so that they wouldn't stand out. As apprehensive as I was, nobody said anything negative about them. In fact, I was working in a woman's office on a presentation with her and she stopped mid-sentence while we were working and told me she really liked the boots I was wearing. Since then, I wear my collection of cowboy boots with dress slacks as well as with suits every day. My experience is women seem to comment the most about them. When they do, I start telling them a story about the boots I happen to be wearing and they usually start telling me about a pair either have, or used to own.

I truly believe anyone that is a fan of cowboy boots should wear them without regards of what others think.

seamless74

Reaction score
im sorry to be the one to bring back this dead thread but i mean screw it i just snatched up a wonderful pair of lucchese boots for like 75 dollars on ebay a boot that looks (from my research like it could easily go for 300).. i excited as hell to get um and have enjoyed reading the little i have from this old thread and it makes me wonder when the hell did cowboy boots get so divisive..

its funny to read peoples reactions i mean are cowboy boots back or not? seriously when did they ever go out.. its like in what time and what planet could a male in america be called douchey for wearing levis a t shirt and boots... i mean thats just americana right there how could that possibly ever go in and out of style...

i think boots are like hats first of all everybody should wear both every once in awhile but unfortunately the right ones are just hard to find...

i

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads