• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Still my fav BB Twitter account:
0ygLx.jpg

How did I miss this? That is so awesome!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One thing nobody's mentioned:
In the last episode, during the scene in Hank's office, there was one shot near the end. It was a fly-on-the-wall shot, when Gomie came in and needed to talk to Hank about the search warrant. It was very odd-looking, not typical for the show, and appeared to use a very-wide angle lens. I immediately wondered if we'd see a subsequent shot of a security camera, but none came. However, I'm still thinking that might happen. If so, even though Hank and his team wouldn't know what Walt was doing, they'd know he was up to something. There may even have been a sweep of Hank's office previously; often, if they find something, they'll send out a false tip to see if and where the reaction might come from. Also, Hank may have suspected anybody: cleaning crew, Walt, rogue agent...so setting up a camera might have caught the perp (though it certainly wan't in the best place). Thoughts?

If I remember the scene correctly, wasn't that when Walt was looking at the photos from the bank? I figured the shot was from the perspective of the board the photos were pinned to.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it was intentional. I dunno. If they wanted it to look like Jesse may have swung away, only his arm/shoulder would have moved, not his whole upper body. Right before the shot we can see Jesse facing the camera. But I digress...

I think the intention was "let's show Gale's POV looking down the barrel of the gun ... BLAM!" but because of the odd subtle camera movement and foreshortening it could have looked as if Jessie moved the gun aside. Since that was a plausible action on his part, viewers bought into it and Gilligan had to clear it up.

lefty

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is next season Gale comes back as a ghost and haunts Jesse until he turns himself in. You heard it here first.

charcoal

Reaction score
One thing nobody's mentioned:
In the last episode, during the scene in Hank's office, there was one shot near the end. It was a fly-on-the-wall shot, when Gomie came in and needed to talk to Hank about the search warrant. It was very odd-looking, not typical for the show, and appeared to use a very-wide angle lens. I immediately wondered if we'd see a subsequent shot of a security camera, but none came. However, I'm still thinking that might happen. If so, even though Hank and his team wouldn't know what Walt was doing, they'd know he was up to something. There may even have been a sweep of Hank's office previously; often, if they find something, they'll send out a false tip to see if and where the reaction might come from. Also, Hank may have suspected anybody: cleaning crew, Walt, rogue agent...so setting up a camera might have caught the perp (though it certainly wan't in the best place). Thoughts?

I went back and watched this scene again, and in that shot the camera is shaking slightly as it typically does, so I don't think it was intended to suggest a security camera, or else it would have been steady. Or so I figure. The unusual angle might have to do with the first time director on that episode, as Joffrey mentioned.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If I remember the scene correctly, wasn't that when Walt was looking at the photos from the bank? I figured the shot was from the perspective of the board the photos were pinned to.

As memory serves, I'm pretty sure that shot was much higher than that photo. But I'd have to see it again to be sure.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One hour to go.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My older daughter had a hypothesis: what if Lydia sets this all up and then plans to take over after Walt's gone? Hmmmm.....

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the producers like visual themes, but it's awfully stupid of Walt and Lydia to meet in the same coffee shop all the time.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I gotta say right now is...

YUUUUUUPPPPP

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. Said out loud in the middle of the episode, "this series can't end without Hank figuring it out or Walt killing Hank. Anything else is a cop-out." Kind of mad we don't get the payoff to the first episode flash-forward for another year, though! Dammit.

Last edited:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
perfct, couldn't have been better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads