1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I don't know. I enjoyed the fact that it showed that even Heisenberg can make mistakes when he loses his cool.

2. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I was kinda shocked he was being so dumb, but I think it also goes to show his blind spot re: Jesse. It never occurred to him that Jesse would work with Hank.

2 people like this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

That's the point: Heisenberg does not lose his cool, particularly does not lose his cool over something Jesse would/could come up with ("His money, bitch!").

Now this I agree with. His blind spot or tragic flaw is not really his money it's his hubris.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I have no idea, I just get a chuckle out of how nearly every machine gun scene plays out in the movies/TV, with the 'badguy' spraying endlessly at a target firing back with a handgun.

1 person likes this.
  5. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

At that close range it is easier to hit your target with a shot gun, you just have to point in the general direction. With an assault rifle or any rifle or hand gun you would still need to aim for an accurate shot. Hiding behind the car gives Hank and Gomey protection but they are just way too out numbered and out gunned. They're dead.

Marie is going make it be known to the DEA the phone call Hank made to her (and everything else) after he arrested Walt/Heisenberg when she finds out that he was killed in that fire fight.

6. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i usually dont like nazi jokes, but that was well played.

agree to all.

its deliciously predictable.

7. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I hate the idea of Todd and the Nazis being central figures at the last hour. Pretty uninteresting, generic, low-level bad dudes. I really hope the series ending won't revolve around Walt's vengeance against these mediocre characters, and that they won't get much more time in the spotlight.

Fortunately, I think the writers are too smart to go down that path. Also, I doubt they'd have the Nazis hold Walt and/or Jesse hostage and force them to cook, since that would be a rehash of what happened with Fring.

1 person likes this.
  8. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

IIRC in last nights Talking Bad interview, Bryan Cranston said that Walt has lately now been acting more emotionally when it comes to protecting his family instead of in a more calculating Heisenberg manner.

1 person likes this.
  9. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Beginning of next episode: the tribal police show up to even the odds. Hank is wounded but not killed. Hank's partner dies. Walt escapes with Todd. Not sure where Jesse lands.

Walt's videotape has to come into play again very soon.

10. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

In the make-off they stated they had about 130 squibs on Gomez' truck, so over a hundred rounds hit the car.

As I said, I'm guessing that not both Hank and Gomez are dead for story purposes, even though a car offers little to no protection from bullets (except maybe a shotgun) and, of course, Walt survives inside the car. I hate unrealistic gun portrayal in movies / tv shows. I love Heat.

11. Piobaire

Tribal police showing up. Good thinking as they made a point of a) mentioning it's on the reservation and b) that who Hank/Gomez thought the Nazis might be.

12. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

They did mention that one of them is going to stay and wait for the excavation team.

13. in stitches

agree to all. i think a DEA/police v nazi showdown with the DEA winning would be cool, and that the finale hopefully would hinge on walt v hank in the end. id root for hank. though the flash forwards seem to make it clear that walt is both alive, not cancer ridden (based on the hair/beard situation) and not in jail, quite a ways down the road. i for one, am intrigued.

well, that may be, but still, its not very walt like to all of sudden suck, and not be, as jesse stated, far smarter than everyone else.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Careful you don't lift Heisenberg up to mythical proportions. Saying that he shouldn't ever lose his cool and trip up is like saying Bruce Wayne can't ever make a mistake because he is the Goddamn Batman.

I really don't have a problem with him fumbling like this in the context of the scene shown.

15. in stitches

well, at the very least, its unlike him. and its a bit off for me to see that transpire all of sudden in the last 4 episodes of the series. no hate tho, the show is effing amazing. just interesting that they chose to write this new part of walt into the show just now.

tho, as peeb pointed out, walts hubris has hamstrung him in the past, so its not totally new territory.

16. Piobaire

Heisenberg is by definition a mythical persona. That was sort of most of the point of Heisenberg; to allow wimpy, indecisive, totally pussy whipped, car wash slave Walter White become a cold, calculating, risk taking and ruthless badass.

As an aside has anyone else ever wondered why they picked a physicist and not a chemist as his alter ego? Something to do with nukes and/or the uncertainty principle?

17. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Which means that Heisenberg isn't real. Walt is real, which means he's allowed to f-- up once in a while (which he does. If he didn't, there wouldn't be much of a show).

I'm really betting/hoping the M60 isn't purely for revenge. I don't remember Walt doing anything out of pure spite/vengeance in the series. I might be wrong about that, though.

18. Piobaire

Of course Heisenberg isn't real. That part where I said, "By definition a mythical persona" should have made that clear.

Everyone is entitled to his own read on things but I think some of the nuance of things might be getting missed by some. The way I read it there's Walter White, pussy whipped fuck up, and there's Heisenberg, the bad ass. Walt handles his personal life and Heisenberg anything related to meth. Walt fucks up; Heisenberg doesn't. Everyone thought Heisenberg destroyed Walt but really Walt might destroy Heisenberg. That's where the action is at in these final episodes.

19. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Because the law knows how fast he's going, but never where he is...

1 person likes this.
  20. ken

ken Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, Heisenberg died of cancer.

2 people like this.