• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corporate photoshoot outfit

johng70

Reaction score
The answer isn't about style. It comes down to:
what are you going to use the headshots for?
What type of business is it?
What is your normal dress code?

For example, if the headshots are for internal website and your staff never dresses in suits, it makes zero sense to show them in a suit and make them run around putting together formal attire.
On the other hand if it's an outward facing website for professional services (law firm, tax services, etc...) where the public has a "perception" of business attire, then formal makes sense.

Hung-Wei Long

Reaction score
The headshot outfit is very important as a representation of your company culture. It must represent the common dress code for the profession you're in, your position in the org chart, and the size of the organization.

For ex., if you work at a small-mid startup where every employee is featured, generally the outfits will be more casual (ie starched collared shirt), but if you work at a larger company where only 3-4 CxO leadership staff are featured, you're better off with a plain dark suit jacket and a crisp dress shirt (tie/no tie usually depends on what the CEO is wearing- and you want to show unity). In no case ever should you try the "look at me, I'm so fun and wacky" approach (sunglasses, design t-shirts, hats, weird facial hair, etc.).

If you work at a traditional suit/tie job (law, accountancy, mgt consulting or banking), then the suit/tie is usually mandatory for all headshots.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.