Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. iand

iand Senior member

2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Thank you very much. If I decide it does not work for me, it will be offered here at cost.

Good man [​IMG] Big brother will be watching [​IMG]

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

... and Tanner Krolle suitcase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Amazing Ede & Ravenscroft suitcase! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    These both appear to be very nice items. If I was in the market for new suitcases, I'd definitely be interested in these. I suspect they'd each last forever and they look nice too. I just don't travel frequently enough to make it worth spending money on new luggage when I already have stuff that is fine. I'm going to try bidding on another one of your round-up list, though I'm far from convinced the size will work out for me. If it doesn't I'll re-offer on SF first.

4. summej2

summej2 Senior member

Thank you very much. If I decide it does not work for me, it will be offered here at cost.
    I know that case. It's ABS (or some similar plastic) exterior and leather interior and dates from the early design-oriented days of Valextra. They made others like that over the years, including one that fit on a special shelf built into the passenger side of the Alfa Romeo Milano. Here's a link with some additional info: http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/245/77.jpg

5. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

I know that case. It's ABS (or some similar plastic) exterior and leather interior and dates from the early design-oriented days of Valextra. They made others like that over the years, including one that fit on a special shelf built into the passenger side of the Alfa Romeo Milano.

Here's a link with some additional info:

http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/245/77.jpg

[​IMG]

6. iand

iand Senior member

Shall we say, you guys know a thing or two.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

8. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Hope your call was right on shell (I think it was) if so I got a great deal, if not...ah well, some beater Florsheim LWs always have a place in my closet, even if I overpay a bit.

And some Black Florsheim Longwings in 13C:

Link

9. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Hope your call was right on shell (I think it was) if so I got a great deal, if not...ah well, some beater Florsheim LWs always have a place in my closet, even if I overpay a bit.

The man knows his shell, and yes, they are most definitely horse ass

10. toogies80

toogies80 Well-Known Member

11. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Nice size 12 Alden for Brooks Brothers shell cordovan black wingtips. Only $100 right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What is the point of this? Post something with a BIN, or at least post something that isn't labelled as shell.

12. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

What is the point of this? Post something with a BIN, or at least post something that isn't labelled as shell.

Don't be a d, he's just trying to contribute. It's a decent price, "shell" is not listed in the title, and the auction ends soon.

13. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Nice size 12 Alden for Brooks Brothers shell cordovan black wingtips. Only $100 right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have these same shoes in cordovan color, and they are very nice. I believe I read somewhere that Alden is the maker?

14. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Don't be a d, he's just trying to contribute. It's a decent price, "shell" is not listed in the title, and the auction ends soon.

Cordovan is in the title though.

Wow, great price 4 hours before the auction ends? Imagine that, considering most bidding is within the last hour.

I have these same shoes in cordovan color, and they are very nice. I believe I read somewhere that Alden is the maker?

Based on the soles, yes, it looks like Alden is the maker.

15. onix

onix Senior member

Well, strictly speaking, the thread is "Cool shoes...", not "Great-BIN/Secret/Under-the-radar shoes...". And "cool" is subjective.