• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iand
Thank you very much. If I decide it does not work for me, it will be offered here at cost.

Good man
smile.gif
Big brother will be watching
wink.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
... and Tanner Krolle suitcase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Amazing Ede & Ravenscroft suitcase! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
These both appear to be very nice items. If I was in the market for new suitcases, I'd definitely be interested in these. I suspect they'd each last forever and they look nice too. I just don't travel frequently enough to make it worth spending money on new luggage when I already have stuff that is fine. I'm going to try bidding on another one of your round-up list, though I'm far from convinced the size will work out for me. If it doesn't I'll re-offer on SF first.

summej2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iand
Thank you very much. If I decide it does not work for me, it will be offered here at cost.
I know that case. It's ABS (or some similar plastic) exterior and leather interior and dates from the early design-oriented days of Valextra. They made others like that over the years, including one that fit on a special shelf built into the passenger side of the Alfa Romeo Milano. Here's a link with some additional info: http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/245/77.jpg

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2
I know that case. It's ABS (or some similar plastic) exterior and leather interior and dates from the early design-oriented days of Valextra. They made others like that over the years, including one that fit on a special shelf built into the passenger side of the Alfa Romeo Milano.

Here's a link with some additional info:

http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/245/77.jpg

teacha.gif

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope your call was right on shell (I think it was) if so I got a great deal, if not...ah well, some beater Florsheim LWs always have a place in my closet, even if I overpay a bit.

Originally Posted by rebel222
And some Black Florsheim Longwings in 13C:

Link

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Hope your call was right on shell (I think it was) if so I got a great deal, if not...ah well, some beater Florsheim LWs always have a place in my closet, even if I overpay a bit.

The man knows his shell, and yes, they are most definitely horse ass

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
What is the point of this? Post something with a BIN, or at least post something that isn't labelled as shell.

Don't be a d, he's just trying to contribute. It's a decent price, "shell" is not listed in the title, and the auction ends soon.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Don't be a d, he's just trying to contribute. It's a decent price, "shell" is not listed in the title, and the auction ends soon.

Cordovan is in the title though.

Wow, great price 4 hours before the auction ends? Imagine that, considering most bidding is within the last hour.

Originally Posted by gregaz
I have these same shoes in cordovan color, and they are very nice. I believe I read somewhere that Alden is the maker?

Based on the soles, yes, it looks like Alden is the maker.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
What is the point of this? Post something with a BIN, or at least post something that isn't labelled as shell.

Well, strictly speaking, the thread is "Cool shoes...", not "Great-BIN/Secret/Under-the-radar shoes...". And "cool" is subjective.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads