1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cool nature thing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Jul 14, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

a spider spun a web on the passenger side mirror of my car, two days ago, and has succussfully stayed on during all of my driving. its a pretty big spider, too. I am impressed by its tenacity.

I would have thought that it would seek a queiter place.

2. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

a spider spun a web on the passenger side mirror of my car, two days ago, and has succussfully stayed on during all of my driving. its a pretty big spider, too. I am impressed by its tenacity.

I have one in the upper reaches of my bathroom's cathedral ceiling. When I first saw it, I got on top the sink to kill then, then got distracted and forgot about it.

It has been there more than a year, maybe two (I lost track) and now I'm afraid it's some kind of omen thing, so I can't/won't kill it now. How long do these things live anyway?

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I have one in the upper reaches of my bathroom's cathedral ceiling. When I first saw it, I got on top the sink to kill then, then got distracted and forgot about it.

It has been there more than a year, maybe two (I lost track) and now I'm afraid it's some kind of omen thing, so I can't/won't kill it now. How long do these things live anyway?

How distracted did you get? I recommend stepping down off the sink. Carefully now, if you've been up there for a year or two you should reintroduce yourself to 'ground level' slowly.

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I'll never kill a spider in my house, and if a girl tells me to kill one I'll catch it and take it outside.

5. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

I had a spider on my motorcycle mirror the other day. He stayed on my mirror for my hour and fifteen minute ride. I guess he just wanted to relocate (unless he is still on my bike)?

6. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I'll never kill a spider in my house, and if a girl tells me to kill one I'll catch it and take it outside.

I usually follow the same policy, but once a rather large spider descended from my ceiling right into my girlfriend's face while we were in the throes of passion. She started screaming and scrambling out of the way. First I thought it was me, but when she pointed at the spider, I understood. She was too frightened even to speak -- she hates spiders more than anything. I let it descend into my hand and crushed it in a tissue. She was shaking and sobbing and clinging to me. I thought it was a bit much, but to her it was a huge bid deal. She still talks about it.

I only kill spiders with the greatest reluctance.

7. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior Member

So do I. My friend suffers from severe arachnophobia, but I´m never eble to bring myself to kill it. While I think that it has a right to live, but I don´t seem to be that clement when it comes to mosquitos.

8. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

I know they call these old wives tales but where did this one come from, that if you killed a spider it would rain.

Gary

9. Reggs

Reggs Distinguished Member

I cant stand them. I go outside around my windows and balcony hunting them and their unborn children, attacking every chance I get with a green dowel rod and can of bug spray.

10. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

yeah i'm kinda wondering, what the heck distracted you so much that you forgot about why you were on top of the sink in the first place.

i mean, was it like when i go into another room to get something, only when i get there i look around and say, why did i come here?

'why am i on top of this sink?'

oh yeah, i was going to dust the top of the medicine cabinet...

[​IMG]