• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been lusting after an adjustable height crank console table lately

s-l225.jpg

https://www.retro.net/shop/industrialux-crank-table/

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We don't have any seating from Norm CPH so I can't comment on their preference for depth, softness etc... which is important for sofas. But we have the Sten lamp in our house's little Scandinavian dining area and it's very well made. We picked it over an Arco and zero regrets there.

That lamp looks great! Love the crane-like angled style stem. And the rest of the room is great too. I thought at first you were referring to the small lamp on the sideboard. I'm looking for a small dome lamp for a dark corner on our kitchen counter. Norm also makes some nice little orb type lamps. I think the last one is by someone else, but same idea.

iu-5.jpeg

Stone+7.48"+Table+Lamp.jpg

Concrete+11"+Table+Lamp.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That lamp looks great! Love the crane-like angled style stem. And the rest of the room is great too. I thought at first you were referring to the small lamp on the sideboard. I'm looking for a small dome lamp for a dark corner on our kitchen counter. Norm also makes some nice little orb type lamps. I think the last one is by someone else, but same idea.

View attachment 1131900

View attachment 1131901

View attachment 1131902

We actually have the last one with the marble base. It sits on the desk of our guest room. I absolutely love it. It gives a perfect glow at the lower dim level

3A87B591-FC1F-4DE8-9EFD-D292B39E24F3.jpeg

Edit: it’s designed by Jonas Wagell (JWDA) btw. The carrara base one we have might be exclusive for Menu

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought at first you were referring to the small lamp on the sideboard. I'm looking for a small dome lamp for a dark corner on our kitchen counter. Norm also makes some nice little orb type lamps. I think the last one is by someone else, but same idea.

View attachment 1131900

View attachment 1131901

View attachment 1131902
The Santa y Cole "Cesta" and "Cestita" series are very nice iterations of that type, available in quite a few variants.

http://www.santacole.com/en/catalogo/lamparas-de-sobremesa/cesta

SantaCole-1-696x522.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for glass water tumblers here?
So many choices, and so subjective....
Impossible to really recommend without knowing anything of your tastes/other pieces.

We live in Venezia, so most of ours are locally bought Moretti, Sent, other vintage Murano.

For general use, easily available worldwide, I think Aino Aalto for Iittala are very versatile and beautiful; interesting without being overwrought or obnoxious; available in many colors and pieces; very durable; well priced; (and they work very well with our dinner and silver ware).

aino-aalto-aa077b5c-9256-4f52-b73a-20bbbae4ff7-resize-750.jpeg

soender

Reaction score
The Aino Aalto glasses have the added benefit, that they can mix with others. So if you found something at a fleemarket, or just have a few left of an old favorit you want to use, it looks nice on the table.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of bathrooms, has anyone experience with Norm Architects products? They make some nice looking sinks and tubs... and furniture.

Sink + tub View attachment 1130600

Modular sofa View attachment 1130601

I like the sofa but between the color and the arm shape it's a very interesting choice for a modular design (it is more of a statement piece to my eyes). I'm used to seeing more conventional design choices in modular sofas (e.g.https://www.arhaus.com/furniture/li...-815 CAPRICORN GREY&CustomVariant2=RIGHT ARM&) to maximize flexibility/adaptability

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For general use, easily available worldwide, I think Aino Aalto for Iittala are very versatile and beautiful; interesting without being overwrought or obnoxious; available in many colors and pieces; very durable; well priced; (and they work very well with our dinner and silver ware).

Those are what we have - they are really nice.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For domish small lamps we have these 3; Noguchi lamp is made with paper so probably not the best for kitchen counter; Lumio diffuser is made with Tyvek which is water resistant though not impermeable to water, and it has a magnetic strip so you can stick it on a metal surface.

Akari 1N
vitra-noguchi-akari-1n-02_zoom_20copie.jpg

FLOS IC T2 (bottom left)
ic-table-anastassiades-flos-home-decortive-mobile-600x600.jpg

Lumio
PD_9478_ENV1

Last edited:

brianoh

Reaction score
So I have an in at DWR / Herman Miller and I've been paying close attention to this thread. I'm purchasing some Norm Architect stuff from there thanks to you guys!

Is there anything else in particular I should pay attention to at DWR? I'm doing mostly modern / minimal in the apt. I'm also being mindful that I don't get all of my design cues from their mailer either, but the discount is pretty substantial and hard to pass up.

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads