1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Comfy Commuter?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Concordia, May 15, 2012.

1. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

No need to order one yet, but some day the Saab 9-5 will need a replacement or supplement. I actually like almost everything about this car except for the length, which sometimes makes it hard to park in Boston.

So what is there that offers just as good a balanced package but is a few feet shorter? Quiet ride is a good thing-- I'd like to hear the stereo without going deaf. If there is a back seat, it needs to be adult-sized. If not, the two-seat world has a lot of pleasant convertables, Minis, and the like.
    AWD would be a nice bonus for snow and ice, not cow flops. Un-fussy driving (and automatic transmission) a must. The Saab is not the ultimate sports car, but I deliberately passed on the Aero to get the Arc, which serves its purposes really well.

GTI/Autobahn? Loaded Countryman? Wait for the Aston Martin Cygnet?

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I'm a fan of the refreshed Volvo S60.

Though I imagine it's not much smaller than the 9-5 (at 182 inches long, the S60 is about 8 inches shorter from what I can gather).

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  3. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I'd get the GTI. I have a mk6 golf and it's quiet, comfy, and decent sized.

I'd get it with four doors. I have two and i sorta regret not buying the four door version.

and parallel parking a cinch.

Last edited: May 16, 2012