• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comfy Commuter?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No need to order one yet, but some day the Saab 9-5 will need a replacement or supplement. I actually like almost everything about this car except for the length, which sometimes makes it hard to park in Boston.

So what is there that offers just as good a balanced package but is a few feet shorter? Quiet ride is a good thing-- I'd like to hear the stereo without going deaf. If there is a back seat, it needs to be adult-sized. If not, the two-seat world has a lot of pleasant convertables, Minis, and the like.
AWD would be a nice bonus for snow and ice, not cow flops. Un-fussy driving (and automatic transmission) a must. The Saab is not the ultimate sports car, but I deliberately passed on the Aero to get the Arc, which serves its purposes really well.

GTI/Autobahn? Loaded Countryman? Wait for the Aston Martin Cygnet?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the refreshed Volvo S60.

Though I imagine it's not much smaller than the 9-5 (at 182 inches long, the S60 is about 8 inches shorter from what I can gather).

Last edited:

Vaio

Reaction score
I'd get the GTI. I have a mk6 golf and it's quiet, comfy, and decent sized.

I'd get it with four doors. I have two and i sorta regret not buying the four door version.

and parallel parking a cinch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads